Happy Birthday You Damn Virgo

I know I just posted but I wanted to do another quickie (excuse the pun) to catch you up to speed on The Barber situation.

I haven't seen him for two weeks as of today. Let me re-phrase that, I hadn't seen him for two weeks as of today. It's not due to a lack of effort on my part let me assure you. After the pseudo-proposal conversation we had last Friday, I didn't hear from him again until Monday. Monday he told me he would call me after he finished playing basketball but he never did. I called once and texted once on Tuesday and got no response. Then at about 9am yesterday morning I get a text saying 'Sorry I've been MIA...think I'm leaving tonight...' By leaving he means driving to NYC to celebrate his 30th birthday, visit family and make some money (use your imagination on that one). He told me he would try his best to see me before he left and I told him that would be lovely because I'm getting a little impatient and a lot horny. Well, guess what, no word from him past 7pm last night. When I woke up this morning I must admit I was annoyed and a little upset that he had left without seeing me. Not to mention the fact that I wouldn't get to see him again until the following Tuesday or Wednesday when he got back.

I resisted the urge to text him something snarky this morning - you may not understand my logic here but I'm really trying to be patient and lenient with him right now. He is dealing with a whole lot of things, including the fact that the mother of his child has stopped communicating with him all together and he has no idea if and when he'll get to see his daughter again. I also have him pretty much figured out. He's not that different from me. When he gets in a funk or a bad mood he shuts down and just becomes a loner. But, when he comes out of it, he's right back to being the guy I fell in love with. So, in the absence of any maltreatment towards me, I try to give him his space and not constantly harp on him about seeing me. It works wonders. When I give him space things between us become much better and eventually, after he has recharged his mental battery, we get closer than we were before. So that has been my tactic these last few months and so far so good.

About 9:45 this morning I got a text from him saying 'I didn't leave last night...probably not leaving until 8...' Once again, I decided not to text him back. After all, he didn't ask for a response he was just telling me his plans and I wasn't about to ask him for the millionth time when I was going to get to see him. Fifteen minutes later he texted 'I really want to see you before I jet...' I had to respond to that one so we set up a lunch time rendevous. I went home from work, put on some new lingerie that he hasn't seen before and texted him to just come upstairs when he got there. He did just that and definitely appreciated my efforts in looking sexy for him even for a quickie - I told him to consider it an early birthday present! We did the damn thing and, expectedly, it didn't last very long. He's normally a marathon man but when we have sex for the first time after a couple of weeks it's usually over in 10 minutes. I actually love it when he finishes quick every once in a while, it's sort of like a power trip for me. He's normally so good at controlling himself that I love it when he loses control!

He apologized profusely for taking so long to see me and told me he was really happy he could see me before he left. I told him he could have this every day if he wanted and sort of winked at him - he totally loved that and said 'Don't worry. I'll be back in a few days and we're hanging out again.' I gave him his real birthday present and it was a smashing success. I got him a really nice hand-blown glass bong with a matching hand-blown bowl piece for it. He said it really made him feel special and I was the only person who got him a gift. I told him I did it because I wanted to and not because I expected anything in return. To which he replied, 'I already know what I'm getting you for your birthday. You're going to be so tickled by it.' I'm not going to place too much faith in that statement so we'll just have to wait until October to see if he follows through!

Then he left and told me he'd be back on Tuesday and I told him I wanted to take him out for a real birthday celebration when he returns. He said he would love to do that and that he would definitely call me from NY. On the drive back to work I texted Miranda to tell her I was in love again. Which is going to make this whole Undercover situation all that more complicated, oh well. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, which could be as early as tomorrow depending on when Undercover wants to hang out again. To be continued.......

-Gwyn

Comments

  1. The difference in tone between this post and the last crack me up. Nothing like a nooner to change your frame of mind. Good call on the gift for the Barber and how sad that no one else gave him a present! I'm glad you were able to see him before he left town.

    You definitely have your approach with him figured out. My only question is, "Is it really enough of a relationship for you?" You are no where near as moldable as I am but you saw how much I was willing to mold myself into what worked with crazy freaking IT. If this relationship works for you, more power to you. If it doesn't, I don't want you short changing yourself.

    Regardless, it's good to see you smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say about 90% of the time it's enough of a relationship for me. The deal with me is, it's not so much the relationship title I want with The Barber. I just want to see him more often!

    And, honestly, even when we were boyfriend and girlfriend I didn't see him every day so I'm not sure that title would change anything significantly. I feel like it would just add more pressure to both of us......and you know how I need my Gwyn alone time so, for me, the space isn't as aggravating as it would be for other people. It's just aggravating when it lasts for two weeks!

    -Gwyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Ugh