Miranda's Socks Have Been Officially Knocked Off...

I don’t even know where to start. So I ended up spending the entire weekend with IT. Just to get us all on the same page, I gave IT my number last Saturday night when I was out on an ill-fated date with Motorcycle Man. We ended up texting a lot that night and talking on the phone. Same thing Sunday. Monday morning we texted a bit and he asked me to meet him for lunch. We had an excellent lunch and I was very blown away by him (see my blog from earlier in the week). We texted a little more but I was playing it very cool per Gwyn’s excellent instructions.

Wednesday comes along and he wanted me to meet him for drinks and dinner after work (see the earlier blog post for more details there). We had an amazing time that ended with us having a three-hour sex marathon, which was incidentally the best sex of my life hands down. I stayed that night with him and unbeknownst to anyone at work, I wore the same exact clothes I wore on my date to work the next day LOL!

Thursday I was floating pretty high off our sex marathon and we did a little minimal texting during the day. About the time I pulled into home, he called me and said he knew it was spur of the moment but he’d love to see me again and take me to this after work “schmoozefest” event where basically everyone who thinks they are anyone goes to shake hands and kiss babies. After some cajoling, I agreed. So we show up at this serious networking event, we walk around some, and IT introduces me to everyone. We chat a bit and then he finds us a booth over in the quiet part of the bar and we just sit and talk and talk and talk. At one point, we looked up and realized most everyone had left so we finished our wine and headed out to grab a late dinner.

After dinner, we headed back to his place and crawled into bed because it was getting pretty late. Honestly, we were both a little sore from our sex marathon so we mainly just laid there and talked and laughed – mainly ;) We did play a little! HA!

Friday I worked all day (even threw out the first pitch at a local baseball game) and I didn’t get home until like 10. Now Gwyn’s gay fairies had already passed along the information that I couldn’t see IT more than three times in a week but I contend that I only get every other week free so there has to be a higher visitation limit factored in. Anyways, I’m laying on the bed totally exhausted and me and IT had been texting while I drove home and I could tell he was hinting around that I should come back over. Finally, he just said I should come back over and though I was exhausted and breaking the gay fairy rules, I hopped in the shower, packed a bag, and headed out.

He greeted me with a glass of wine and a hug and the weekend took off from there. I actually ended up staying there until this morning (I was couth enough to run home to shower and change before work this morning LOL). That’s right. From Wednesday morning to Monday morning, I spent less than 2 hours total in my apartment. Five freaking nights! Wow. That’s intense!

This weekend we mainly hibernated in his house and talked our faces off. We talked about everything from work to my dad’s death to his concerns about being involved with someone who’s been divorced to my marriage to how he grew up in a poor and abusive home. He called me out when I was trying to bullshit him or play down things. IT did lecture me on texting incessantly and I made a very conscious effort and decision to put my phone away for the vast majority of the weekend. For those of you that know me in real life, seeing me without my phone in my hand is practically unheard of!

We even had an argument or two about random things and we talked about all kinds of uncomfortable stuff! It was really intense and crazy. I can tell he’s kind of reserved about getting into a relationship, like he’s evaluating me to make sure I’m not playing some game or just hanging out with him because it’s convenient. He says (and it seems true) he’s done playing games and running around. Has been for years now. He’d rather be alone that be with someone who was insincere or someone who couldn’t be his best friend.

Sometimes it’s really hard to read him and it drives me crazy. Its like he’s so “grown” and secure in whom he is that there can be this wall up that’s hard to see exactly what’s going on in his mind. It kind of ebbed and flowed as the weekend went which was interesting to see him getting more and more comfortable with me.

Late last night we were just sitting on the couch and his little dog (who I could eat up she is so sweet and cute) was laying on one side of me and he was sitting on the other side doing email for work with his arm wrapped around me and I had this total revelation that that feeling was what I wanted for the rest of my life.

No don’t jump to conclusions; I’m not saying with IT necessarily, that train hasn’t even been boarded yet. But that feeling of being perfectly content, cared for, peaceful, happy.

Despite IT being a big bad ass businessman, we did some hilarious shit. Please don't think he's all business and no play. He has a wicked sense of humor and likes to do spontaneous crazy stuff. Saturday we went to the wine store and bought like $150 worth of expensive wine. He popped the cork on a $35 bottle and we drank it straight from the bottle as we drove back across town to dinner. Oh, and Saturday night we were lounging around on the couch about nine when he announced he wanted to go for a run. I told him to enjoy and he said I had to come with him. I told him no way was I running even if I had running shoes, which I didn’t. He concurred and suggested I ride his bike behind him through these pitch-black running trails around a lake. I so knew I was drunkenly going to drive into the lake. And this was no short run! He ran for 6 miles! HA!

There was a lot of crazy random stuff where we’d say the same thing or start talking about TV we used to watch and we’d been watching the same exact shows for years, or even both of us having the weird habit of looking up random stuff on the internet because we both have a "need to know" random shit. Even at dinner last night, I randomly said something about how I always dreamed about going to those bungalows you can stay in Tahiti over the water and he freaked out and said that those places were where he’s always wanted to go on vacation. Lots of weird things indeed.

It was a crazy, intense, overwhelming five days for sure. I don’t know where this is headed, I’m kind of scared it will burn out quickly but I’m sure going to hang on and enjoy the ride. One thing is for sure, as long as I’m talking to IT all, and I mean ALL, other boys are off the radar. That’s right, no dates, no hooking up, and minimal texting if any. That’s my word and I’m sticking to it!

Miranda

PS There’s a ton more to tell including a hilarious text exchange between me/IT and Jules but I’m too freaking exhausted to even know how I feel anymore. Oh and I officially blew off Motorcycle Man for being an ass and sent College Crush the “break up” email this am though I don’t think he really gets the “break up” part of it.

Comments

  1. I am just worried about your poor cat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diner - Par for the course, did I even hear from LB this weekend? Of course not.

    Short Girl - That's why I bought an automatic feeder and water bowl thing months ago! That being said I do feel really bad for her and would genuniely love to find her a new home where she wouldn't be alone so much. I think with a little love, therapy, and a whole lot of drugs she could be a loving kitty! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just waiting to hear where you are registered so I know where to buy my gift. ;)
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, knowing his taste I expect Tiffany's and Williams Sonoma. I'll let you know when the date's set! LOL LOL LOL

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miranda, my dear friend...I'm on a Target budget these days. I'll try to save up. ;)LOL
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later