Being Miranda

So our little POF experiment (where we all re-wrote our profiles for each other, based on what kind of man we thought each other needs to attract and repel) has been fairly interesting so far. I updated my profile with Miranda's description and since then the messages have been coming in pretty steadily. However, I have to say if this is what being Miranda is like I'm not sure if I'm up for the challenge! I have to be nice, naive acting and even feign interest in things I couldn't care less about. I have to return all texts fairly promptly and she even told me I have to meet these guys if they ask! So, with this in mind here's a summary of my POF experience as Miranda..............

CSI - CSI is a divorced 32-year old blond haired father of one that lives in a small town north of here. He works as a police officer (yes, yes I know) in Virginia in the crime scene investigations department. CSI has a cute baby face and light blond hair with pretty green eyes, he's not fat by any means but not an athlete. All well and good except I like dark haired, darker skin toned, brown eyed athletic guys. Crap, I keep forgetting I'm not me I'm Miranda! His initial message to me was too dorky for my taste but, as Miranda, I decided I would be open and optimistic and give him a shot. Among other things, I've learned he's a crier and he thinks two people can't be in a successful relationship if they don't share everything with one another, the good and the bad. They have to be able to laugh and cry together. Oops just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Ok - if I was acting as myself the first mention of crying would have ended it for me  immediately. Like Jules, any sign of 'weakness' in a man is a huge turn off. I'm not saying a man shouldn't cry or that it IS weakness, I'm just saying that's not the kind of man I normally go for. CSI is also a Duke fan (good) and loves country music (bad). He seems to be a really devoted dad with no baby mama drama. We've been talking via BBM but as of last night at 7pm I've stopped returning his texts - I realize this behavior is more Gwyn and less Miranda but trust me folks if I don't pull back a little I'm going to be in trouble, I can already tell. He's started calling me sweetie, cutie and babe and it's only been 2 days of talking. Again, the Gwyn in me wants to run away because I don't get someone giving me a pet name when we've never spoken on the phone or met in person. Screams clingy in my book, but anyways..........I stalked him on FB which then led me to his MySpace page which then led me to some pictures of him I now wish I hadn't seen. I'm not a looks snob or anything but there is a certain type of male physique I prefer (lean, athletic and well-defined muscles - not meathead-ish and huge though) and CSI just doesn't have that. It's not a deal breaker but physical attraction is so important and after seeing the additional pictures I'm not sure it's there for me. I told Miranda about this most recent development and she said that I HAVE to meet him in person to know for sure because some guys are hotter in person while some guys are hotter in pictures. What have I gotten myself into?

Undercover - Undercover is a currently unemployed 30-year old VIRGO (incidentally his real name is also the same first name as The Ex and Romeo, also both Virgos) who was laid off from his job as Director of Finance, at least that's his story. He doesn't have any children or ex wives and he lives about 25 minutes from here. His first message to me on POF was this: "Hey. Your eyes look kind of red in your picture. Do you smoke weed? I do occassionally." That was it. WTF. Since his body is pretty smoking in his profile pics, I decided to respond. I asked him if he was an undercover cop or something and he said he just wanted to find other people who smoke that's all. I told him I did sometimes but couldn't be sure about the particular picture in question. He then followed up with "So do you feel like getting drinks sometime?" Once I got this ridiculous message I started texting with Miranda for guidance. As instructed, I told him I needed to know more about him before I would agree to meet him. He responded with a long message giving me more details about his background (traveled a lot, over educated, curious, likes to work out, etc.). I didn't respond, Gwyn took over again lol. The next evening he messaged me again saying "So, what do you think? Feel like getting some drinks and maybe smoking a little?" As Miranda, I told him sure we could do that (the drinking part not the smoking part) and asked what he had in mind. It turns out he had nothing in mind. He suggested we go that night, I declined and said possibly Friday. I expected him to take this and run with it but instead he said that Friday sounded good. I then had to choose the time (he was available 'any time') and location of the 'date' since I live in the bigger city and he doesn't know much about what there is to do here. After giving him a hard time about making me do all the work (as Miranda instructed) I told him that I guess I could figure something out and we made tentative plans to meet up tonight around 7 or 8. As Gwyn, I made one of my friends and her boyfriend to agree to come with me to meet him. Not quite sure what it is, but I get a wierd vibe from Undercover. Not scary, just wierd. Haven't heard a peep from him since I told him I'd figure something out. Oh yeah, I did call him out and ask him straight up if he just wanted a smoking buddy and if he did that was totally cool he could just say that because I'm not looking for anything serious anyways. His response "I'm looking for a girlfriend." I said "Oh ok" and he then asked if that was cool and I said "So you're asking me to be your girlfriend before we've even met. Ha Ha just kidding. Yes that's fine." His response "Good." Nothing since then. It seems to me like this guy is par for the course for team Gwyn - I wonder if he messaged me before or after Miranda changed my profile? Hmmmm. I need to figure that out.

-Gwyn

Comments

  1. LOL, yes I hate weak men...crying is a big no unless someone dies. I'm thinking this experiment could be interesting. Undercover does sound a little off...glad you're having a group go with you!
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later