Award Winning

Here’s the update on the Gavin situation. I think I’ve talked him out of wanting to live at my house. He was looking at some other places yesterday, so I’m hoping one of them was a better option for him. Otherwise, life could get really weird. He’s acting very strange though. When he came over yesterday, he parked in my driveway (not something he’s ever done before due to discretion).  We actually had a really good time yesterday morning…better than normal. I like that he can come over in the morning before I’ve showered and put on all my makeup and be totally into me. 

Anyway, when we finished he went out and sat on the front porch with me and had coffee. We talked for a long time and he was saying “Hello” to all the neighbors that he saw…guessing discretion wasn’t high on his list yesterday. He told me that he’s over his gf because he sees no future there and her kid hates him, but they are so co-dependent I doubt they will ever break up for good. She’s apparently in a really bad place right now and is selling pot to make ends meet. She just moved and her roommates won’t let him come over and his current roommates won’t let her come over. I told him he’s got more drama in his life than a Mexican soap opera (no offense if you’re Mexican), but that maybe these were his signs (see Gwyn’s blog post)that things weren’t meant to be right now. That’s about all of the advice I offer in this arena because really I don’t care…I just let him talk when he needs to since most men don’t sit around and discuss this stuff with their guy friends. 

He’s started trying to field out if I’m seeing other people and I just conveniently keep ignoring the question or changing the subject and then yesterday he asked me if I wanted to go Kauai with him and his son over Labor Day weekend. WTF? Gavin is one of those people that I think pretty much always has to have a gf, so I’m wondering if he’s feeling me out to see if I’m interested in this role if he were to get rid of the current one. Miranda and I were texting this morning about the motives of the men in our lives. I swear I’ve got to quit trying to figure them out and just go with it, or my brain may break.  

Ok so if you follow this blog, you know the irony of ME telling someone about the drama in THEIR lives! (I know you guys were thinking it, it’s cool.) My life is so drama filled that I’ve taken to practicing my Academy acceptance speech in my spare time.  Here’s how the rest of my day flowed. Owen sent me a text saying that he was trying to find a way to sneak out of his house (yes, he’s a grown 40 year old man), but again sadly wasn’t able to do so, although that’s a good thing since Gavin had just left and that would have been a little over the top even for me. I’ve just quit having any expectations of him and I’ll see him when I see him pretty much.

The Pirate started blowing my phone up and we had a crazy text conversation that ended with me just ceasing to respond any more. This is the same guy that told me he's used to being taken care of by his women and that he wants someone that will take him out and buy him things. He's so materialistic and I hate that...so it's funny that this is the turn of events. He basically told me that he wants to “win” me over and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. He doesn’t care that I’m seeing other people and he’s willing to always come up here to see me (he lives in town and I hate town), etc. etc. Here’s what happened with that. I had initially agreed to see him again but then Clark resurfaced and Gavin has been all around, so I really don’t have time to add another boy into my life. All the way around, he’s my least favorite of the three and so there’s no point in starting something again. I also really hate driving to Waikiki and trying to find (or pay ridiculous amounts of money to find) parking. Despite his offers to send a taxi for me or pay for my gas, I’m just not that into it. Here’s the super crazy thing about him…well, there are several but here’s the top two. I haven’t heard from him in a really long time since I blew him off the first time and now he’s back all hot and heavy? The other strange thing is that he’s probably only going to be here for a month or so…whatever, dude…move it on.  

Canada also sent me a ‘thinking about you often’ text yesterday that I ignored as well. I don’t mean to be rude or sound harsh, but seriously I’m over having to just be so blunt with these guys. I understand that they are people with feelings and that maybe I should take that into consideration when I’m playing with them, but I’ve not promised any of them anything.  I’m very open and honest about what I’m looking for and what I’m not and where I am at this point in my life. I don’t put up some front for them that I’m seeking a relationship of any kind.

Anyway then at 11pm last night, Clark starts texting me. He works 11pm-7am and so when he gets to work, he’s taken to texting me for as long as I can stay awake. We did this for about 2 hours last night with him convincing me to come see him tonight at 12am after he’s gone into work and can then leave for a while. It seems because of his gf, he can’t come up to see me before or after work…so this is kind of our only window. I told him that I’m wayyyy too old for this middle of the night, across the island thing…but I’m planning to go tonight.  He was laying it on thick last night about how amazing and wonderful I am and how I’m his escape, his happiness right now. I swear I think some of these men were competing for my Academy yesterday. I told Miranda today that he’s either just buttering me up or he’s transferring some feelings for someone else onto me. He can’t honestly feel this strongly about me again after not speaking to me for a year and then being back around for less than a week or maybe he can, but at least I’m not freaking out about him saying all of this stuff because there is a gf already in the picture.  He’s one of those guys, much like Gavin, that just wants someone to love them.  I’ll post all the hot, dirty details tomorrow.
-Jules

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2