Proceeding with Caution

So crazy Mercury has continued to fuck with me this week. First off, Friday night I’m sitting on my bed having a lovely IM conversation with FJB when I get a voicemail notification. Weird that my phone went straight to voicemail without even ringing. As I listen to the message, it’s from freaking IT! WTF? And the kicker is, the message is not for me. He left the message like he thought he had dialed someone else and had to tell them all about the amazing vacation he just got back from. The 5 minute message goes something like, “Hey Frank and Beverly. Just wanted to let you know I’m home from Italy. Amazing vacation, amazing. Best of my life. I got your message but I just didn’t have any service in Italy. Wow, the time difference in Italy, I’m so jet lagged. Blah, blah, blah, blah. Thanks for offering to pick me up from the airport, I’m home now, I got home a few hours ago. Maybe we can hang out this weekend. I know you already have my number but here it is again ###-####.”

WTF? I literally almost fell off my bed when I listened to that. How freaking crazy to call and leave a voicemail for someone else. I mean not for a second do I think that was a legit mistake. And the number of times he says Italy in there is quite hilarious. I saved the message and if there’s some way I can figure out how to get it from my phone to an audio file I’m so linking it on the blog for your listening enjoyment.

So then Saturday day it was another pool party at my apartments with Josie and her family and Gwyn. We chilled and had a great day. I’ll leave the details to Gwyn but she gave and acted very Miranda-ish and had Undercover come hang out. He’s super cute and walked into a tough situation with all her friends around and he fit right in. Apparently being me is paying off for her.

After the long day at the pool (btw I’m like an inch away from my goal of being obnoxiously tan after yesterday), I was upstairs with the kids getting them ready for bed when FJB sent a message via IM to my phone. We were chatting for a minute and the topic of what we were both doing last night came up. In jest I said I’d invite him over to hang out but he’s so antisocial he’d say no. He asked what about the kids and said he thought I didn’t want them to meet anyone yet. I told him the kids were about to crash after eight hours of swimming. Then he said, “If you’re serious, I can be there in about an hour or so.” At this point I just about stroked out because this is so not the way FJB normally acts and I couldn’t believe he actually was going to come over.

So I had to hustle the kids off to bed, do the quick gloss over on the house, and throw some make up on and a suitable casual outfit that said, “We’re not going out but I’m still super cute.” Thanks Jules for the suggestion of the tank top and shorts! LOL!

He showed up promptly a little over an hour later and swoon, he’s still just as attractive as I remember – damn it! He made himself right at home and stretched out on one couch and I sat on the other. Then we just hung out, drank some beers, and watched totally random crazy TV shows until like 3 in the morning. We just talked about all kinds of crazy stuff and after I complained that my HD channels on my TV were messing up, the nerdy engineer that he is, FJB fixed my cable for me LOL.

We had an interesting conversation too about people we've been dating. For a while I've been trying to get him to show me girls on PoF that he's gone out with and he'd never do it. Well Friday night when we were IMing he finally did and I showed him several of mine. Incidentally he said the only one he'd have pegged me to go out with was Lawyer Boy, that he was reasonable attractive and I was way too attractive for all the others I showed him. Haha! So last night we were talking about some of our experiences and he fessed up that he continued to date a couple of them because he was bored and didn't have anything else to do. I think, hell I know, I've done the same thing. Many of the guys I've hung out with were merely time passers. We both agreed that wasn't the nicest thing to do and that we needed to stop seeing people just because we were bored.

Off the wall things were “planned” like him saying he was going to have to cook dinner for me sometime, him trying to convince me to come help him work in his yard, and him telling me he’d help me get the right router I need to make my internet signal stronger. We laughed a ton and the conversation was never awkward or uncomfortable or anything.

Nothing much happened other than that. There were a few casual touches but that was about it. When he left I walked him to the door and he hugged me. Then he left. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am feeling more confident that he’s not just approaching this as just friendship but we’ll see. I’m trying to be cautious because I do still like him, a lot. I can’t help it. Gwyn said I like him because he’s one of the only ones I’ve dated that I have intelligence in comment with and that I’m way smarter than all the other guys I’ve been dated. LOL but true. His intelligence makes him very attractive to me (Flyboy is the other intelligent guy I’ve dated), when we went out before – I loved the way he treated me, and there’s the whole general hotness and of course the fact that he’s 6’3. But there’s something more too it too. Something I’m not wiling to analyze too much right now because I feel like I need to proceed with caution in order to protect myself. Guess we will just have to wait and see what Wednesday holds for FJB and me.

Miranda

Comments

  1. Clearly you dodged a bullet with IT!!!
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is definitely something about intelligence. I get bored really quickly with a woman that I can't connect with mentally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later