Sixth Sense and Delightfulness!

I don’t want people to read into this blog and think that I believe Gavin and I are connected on some deeper level than sex…we’re not. This blog is about timing though and I was laying in bed last night pondering this point. Gavin just seems to know when I need him. It’s like he has this 6th sense tuned into it. Almost every time we’ve started seeing each other again since our very brief 2 weeks of dating in March, he just seems to come around at literally the right time. I met him at the beginning of March and we hung out for a few weeks and then he and the gf got back together. Very quickly after I moved to the neighborhood in April, we hooked up again. I was feeling the pressure of the move and it was great timing for me. He started feeling guilty though and I didn’t see him for a few weeks. I saw him again in May right before I started seeing the Hungarian. I don’t remember what was going on then…probably nothing, we were just horny. In June he showed up minutes after that physical altercation match with Russell…excellent timing. We hung out for 2 weeks and then his gf came back from vacation (he started feeling guilty again…sigh) and then he left for NJ for the month of July. He just got back last week and he’s obviously been around a lot this week. His timing was right on again as I was a little melancholy about my 10th anniversary, until I realized I’m where I wanted to be thanks in large part to Russell. It’s just funny to me how people seem to come in and out of our lives at the exact time you need them. Of course then there are others that you can’t get rid of and/or can’t get them to come around when you really do need them!

I was reading Gwyn’s post the other day on astrology. I’m a firm believer in that stuff. I mean I don’t put a ton of stock into my horoscope every day, but I do think that the characteristics of our signs are important to note. I’m an Aries…very much an Aries. Here’s why Gavin and I will never have any deeper level commitment as well…he’s a Capricorn. The very first day I met him, I was hanging out at his house and he had a book about birthdays on his kitchen table. I asked him his sign and told him immediately that we would never be compatible together. This obviously doesn’t deter us from having sex though, nor should it as neither of us is seeking more. If you are curious, Owen is a Taurus. We’re a much more compatible pair, but I would never trust him nor do I ever expect that to develop into anything more than it is right now either. As Mama says, "If he’ll cheat with you, he’ll cheat on you". Despite her recent claims, she really did say that the entire time I was growing up! Russell is a Scorpio, so we were also doomed from the get go.

-Jules

This was my original post that I penned at work today...then the rest of my day happened! Neighbor Guy came over to retrieve the gf's kid from my house and we had a "normal" conversation. I think I've made that ok again. Russell came home from work to tell me that he broke up with the bf today. He said it's just too hard to be a dad and a bf and he was choosing the right thing. (Go him!) Then, he ran out to the store to fetch Mama some more wine and he ran into Gavin in the liquor aisle of our local supermarket...ROFL. He said Gavin muttered "Howzit", the local HI term for "How are things?" and that he looked like he wanted to crawl under a rock. I really don't get Gavin's utter aversion to Russell, but clearly Russell makes him insanely uncomfortable!! I guess Gavin won't be driving by tonight!

Comments

  1. Hmm..not sure if you remember but I'm a Taurus as well. I put 0% stock in that stuff but...just thought it was interesting since you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I am impressed with Russell for deciding to be a Dad instead of a boyfriend.... and Im pretty sure that him being a scorpio wasnt his only trait that doomed the relationship....:-)
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam - Yes, I know you're a Taurus too! I obviously put some stock in it because I've seen the dynamics...we had pretty good dynamics. BTW, welcome back my friend!!
    Josie- yeah, his being gay was the clear indicator, but the fact that he's a Scorpio was the real kiss of death...lol.
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2