I'm Old Enough to Know Better

Old dogs DO NOT learn new tricks. I'm almost 34 years old...I know this...so why in the hell do I keep taking Gavin's calls?? He called me again today (really surprised by this given my attitude toward him yesterday). I was at work, so I couldn't really talk. He asked if I'm interested in hanging out with him still and I said "Hmm...I think maybe". Well what kind of crazy ass answer is that?? If a guy said that to me, I'd be all like "WTF ever...". He seemed to enjoy that response. I see some potential in him, but again...old dog, new tricks. Now I think I may be blinded by the fact that sex could be RIGHT out of my front door...literally. If only it didn't come with all the baggage and bullshit...I know I should RUN the other way.
-Jules
PS I am totally having to blow off Monday night date guy. I put him off on Wednesday because I just wasn't feeling it. Tonight I blew him off and said we might have friends coming over for dinner...total lie. I just didn't want to put the effort into getting ready and then have another boring time. I mean even his texts are dull...he's 26...NO more men under 30.

Comments

  1. Wish I had an answer for you. Clearly I continue to fall for the same old dog/new tricks deal as well. Maybe we're destined to repeat our mistakes until we learn better? lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later