Dating Update

I am so freaking into Gavin at the moment. He's like the perfect guy for me right now. He's single, straight, employed, and doesn't seem to have any major issues. He's super laid back, which I love, and seems totally right back into me (which I also love). I had a fantastic time at his house Wednesday night (got home at 4:45am!). We didn't hang out last night b/c we were too tired from the night before, but he called me at 6:45am (I was still sleeping) today, so I'm guessing he wants to hang out tonight. He doesn't email, text, or really even leave voice mails. It's funny b/c he talks a lot when we're together, but not overly communicative outside of being in person. I think I've just gotten used to everyone having unlimited communication, it's kind of nice to just talk on the phone again...different for sure.
The only thing(s) to freak me out about him thus far is Wednesday he asked me what "this" is? This being us...I was like "Dude, this is I've known you for 2 days...not quite ready to qualify it". Then I threw it back at him and he refused to answer...I deemed it an unfair question. The second thing is he really wants me to meet his kid. He's invited me several times to watch his kid race on Sunday. He races Motorcross bikes and is apparently ranked like really in the country. I'm sure he's a cool kid and all, but I'd like to wait just a second before I start meeting your kid. I think Gavin is used to dating younger women that are just ready to move right on in with him b/c he's a big wave surfer and apparently that's the MO for these surf groupies, but I'm so not that type. I'm trying to not freak out about the kid thing b/c he's older (12 or 13 yrs old), so I'm guessing he's met several of Gavin's exes.
Mr. Friday Night Date guy texted me today to see if I want to hang out this weekend, but I don't think I do. I think I kind of want to see where things go with Gavin. I think I might be pretty smitten with him. ;)
Miranda, I'm so glad you're almost out!!! I'm sorry that Duckie is such a loser and you have to pay even more money! (Although, one day I plan for Russell to pay child support and maybe alimony to me, so I guess I can't judge too harshly. I do plan to work full time though by the time I actually divorce him, so hopefully I won't need alimony.)
-Jules

Comments

  1. It's way fun to be in "like" with someone isn't it? I'll warn ya though, you may start to experience a certain "let down" after you're with Gavin. Everytime I'm with Sawyer, afterwards I kind of feel sad because I realize what I've been missing from my marriage all these years. Less than 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later