Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Tonight Duckie came over to the apartment for dinner. I could tell he was very curious to see just where I landed. It was awkward, I kid you not. I showed him around the place with the kids very intentionally leaving a tour of my room out of the loop (though I saw him creep over that way later on). He was definitely sizing up the place. Think he expected/wanted it to look less put together or something. He finally muttered "nice place" before we had dinner. It was definitely uncomfortable and a little strained.

We are supposed to sign the final separation papers tomorrow. It will be good to have that behind us and I will finally feel like I don't have to compromise with everything he wants cause the deal will be official.

He stayed for a while after dinner just hanging out with the kids. I could tell they were really happy to see him and when he said it was time to leave, they both asked him to stay for a while longer. They both even said can't you move in here? Broke my heart it did. But they didn't cry or even seem all that upset when he finally left. I guess knowing they will see him in another day or two makes a difference.

On the Sawyer front, I had a very entertaining email exchange with Jules today discussing the merits of making guys "wait" and enjoying that "make out" period before you actually have sex. Thinking of challenging him to not have sex for a while and revert back to that period. Wonder who will give in first?

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later