T Minus 36 Hours

So my last full 36 hours as a resident of this home. Today brought surprises of the good and definitely not-so-good kind.

First the bad news. Just before lunchtime, Duckie changed his mind about our child support agreement. He’s decided that he’s worried he won’t be able to support the kids on his salary in three years when the alimony is over. Despite the song he’s been singing all along, apparent now he considers the alimony is for supporting his needs, not the kids. WTF???? So now he’s man enough to admit that the alimony is to cover his expenses but not before? Oh, and I guess that lovely electronic drum set he just bought for $1400 it just pocket change? How about that lovely new CD player that cost $350? I know I have to just pay the alimony and deal with it but seeing him buy these “necessities” is burning me up.

How nice of him to wait until the day before I freaking start moving out to lay this on me. He said, via email, “I have been thinking about this for a while. Guess I should have mentioned it earlier.” No you dipshit, waiting until the day before I start moving is a great freaking idea! Probably some idea one of his old lady friends gave him. He’s playing so freaking dirty. I can’t help but wonder if this last minute change on child support plans is tied to the ridiculous demand for sex the night before…

Initially he wanted to double the amount of child support we’d agreed on and after freaking out, putting on my shiny tap shoes and doing a pretty little dance for him, and basically begging him not to change our plans, he’s mostly sticking to the original plan with a slight alteration. After the alimony ends in three years, the child support will increase slightly but I can live with it. Least, that’s what I keep telling myself so I don’t go in his room tonight and pull a Lorena Bobbitt. I’m starting to think she was really misunderstood….

So my marriage penalty for marrying a weak, wimpy, lazy, momma’s boy will be alimony at $500 for 3 years along with child support of $100 for 3 years; then child support of $300 until Leo is 18 (about 6 years); and then child support of $150 until Ladybug is 18 (another 5 years). I know the money is for the kids but it still burns me the freak up! Ugh! So much interior anger these days!

I was searching the internet earlier today and saw that about 33% of women are the main breadwinners these days and a significant portion of men are starting to file for alimony. I can’t help but think that regardless of your sex, unless you were a stay at home parent or part-time stay at home parent, you don’t deserve jack if you and your spouse divorce. I mean since when did getting married mean you were financially responsible for someone? Whatever!

The good news is that I’m having an unexpected liaison with Sawyer tomorrow too. Hopefully with a chance to “christen” my new apartment. Hadn’t planned on seeing him and of course there’s always a chance that it won’t happen, but after going round and round with Duckie today, just the thought brightened my day. Hell, even if he just stops by to say hello a friendly hug will go along way towards soothing my shattered nerves these days.

My mom asked me how I was feeling today like she does every day. She’s worried to death about me. I told her the truth. For the most part I’m ok but beneath that “ok” I am so freaking bone weary, tired, exhausted, depleted, worn out, wiped out, and overwhelmed I don’t know what to do. The stress of this situation with Duckie has really taken its physical toll on me. I’m just depleted. Even when I do sleep, it’s never enough. Surely after the move I’ll start to climb my way out of this weariness. I better! I will say the stress is great for weight loss though! Ha!

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later