Don't Talk About My Daddy...

So I had this whole post typed out about how awful and weird this weekend was but I just honestly don’t care to post it anymore. Here’s the brief run through of the weekend.

Saturday, I started packing. It’s a very delicate thing to do when you are packing up to leave your husband. Landmines everywhere! It’s very weird and uncomfortable.

Got all my new stuff packed and most other stuff. Got Ladybug’s stuff packed. Even left Duckie lots of clothes for her that doesn’t involve any advanced matching skills. Haha! I gave him the opportunity to check out what I was packing for “approval” but he didn’t care to look at it.

Sunday packed Leo’s clothes, didn’t give him the opportunity to look at the stuff because he didn’t want to look the day before. Which of course bit me in the ass this morning when he looked in the box and had a shit fit over some of the clothes in there. I told him he should pack the stuff himself if he really cared what was going/staying. It will all be going back and forth anyways.

Back to Sunday, we got in a stupid fight in the afternoon over all things, an old crusty bottle of lube. So on the way out the door that afternoon, he asked me what had happened to a bottle of “lube” we’d bought ages ago. I told him I had thrown it away when I was packing on Saturday. He asked why because, wait for it …., he’s still using it for himself. Ewww! I said sorry, I’m pretty sure I put it in my trash pile and threw it out when I was packing. So I leave the house and right at the beginning of softball practice I get a call from him. He screams in the phone that I’m a liar and he found the lube in one of my boxes I had packed. I told him it must have been put in there by mistake; my intention was to throw it away. He hung up on me. Got a text a few minutes later saying pretty much the same thing. Now the real question is, why would I want to take a bottle of lube when I could easily go buy one at any freaking store? And why would I want to take an old crusty bottle anyway! I mean seriously!

So I knew it was on when I got home. Apparently, he had gone through many of my boxes, I guess looking for some incriminating items, and he had even opened a freaking birthday present I had bought and wrapped for Leo. I didn’t say a word to him because I could tell he was just waiting to boil over. He left a short while later, came home with matching wrapping paper, and did rewrap the present by the way. Freaking idiot!

So immediately, after the kids went to bed, I could tell he was ready for an all out drag out fight. We had a big all out fight that consisted mostly of him yelling at me and calling me names. I did my best not to react but then he did the unthinkable – he evoked the name of my Daddy. For those of you that don’t know, my dad was the light of my world and after a very short and secret battle with severe depression, he killed himself in November. It was awful, traumatic, and I don’t know that I’ll ever get over it. But that’s now what this blog is about. He dared to bring up my dad and say things like “what would your dad think?” and “our marriage died the same day your dad did” and some other doozies that I had to block out from my memory for fear of going ape shit and telling him exactly what I thought of him thus ending our negotiations and finding myself in court fighting him for everything we have.

This morning we had another stupid, idiotic fight, this time in front of the kids. Way to go there – great parenting Duckie! We eventually “worked” it out through email today and tonight was uneventful.

Getting divorced is exhausting. 4 more days, 4 more days…. I’ll have an update on the Sawyer situation in the morning. Night!

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later