Day 1

So my first full day as a “single” person. Pretty quite over here. Just me and the kids. I am exhausted, more tired than I can ever remember feeling in my entire life. I think the stress and pressure that I’ve been carrying around has finally left me and I’m just wiped out.

Today has been an interesting array of emotions. Waking up and feeling peace knowing that I didn’t have to worry about fighting and nasty words; feeling exhausted and alone wishing someone would take Leo and Ladybug and tie them up as they ran rampant around the apartment; feeling sad thinking about how much my life has changed and how I never imagined myself in this position; feeling exhilarated at all the possibilities that lie ahead. It’s been weird to say the least.

I guess it’s going to take a while to get used to my new “normal.”

An interesting side note that I have realized today… Living next to Sawyer has created a rhythm in my life. Not that we saw each other very much around the house, mostly just in passing, for the last four months, I have been consistently aware of his presence. I knew when he was at home and when he wasn’t; hearing his voice when he was outside; just knowing his daily routines. Suddenly I’m totally unaware of his actions/where about. Just a weird thing I noticed today.

I spoke with Duckie briefly on the phone earlier when he was talking to the kids. Strange how both normal and totally abnormal it felt to talk to him. Where I caved the other day and said we could have dinner on Monday, he called me on it. So he’s coming over tomorrow night to have dinner and see the apartment. Oh joy – NOT! But I suppose he does have a right to be curious to see where his kids are living half the time now.

He did ask a funny question. He asked me if I had a dining table. As if I’d move out and not have every detail taken care of! Sheesh! He’s in for a surprise if he thinks I don’t have a fully functional and decorated pad. I didn’t stop yesterday until I was completely unpacked, organized, and as decorated as could be. Home girl ain’t playing here. I set up shop and threw down roots quick.

Tomorrow should be interesting to say the least…

Miranda

Comments

  1. Oh yeah - I can't wait to hear about this dinner. My dad did the same thing when my mom moved out though - came over for dinner to see the new place. I think it's normal, but I'm sure it'll be weird as hell too!
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2