I did it - FREEDOM!

As promised, I’m sitting here in MY apartment on MY couch watching MY television enjoying MY peace and quiet. See a theme here?

Yes, today I left my husband. Wow. It is absolutely crazy to say/think that. All at once I feel extremely grown up and yet terribly young at the same time.

The day started off with a bang. I was up early to take care of the last few details and Duckie was irate pretty much. I sat and desperately waited for my moving party to get there knowing that at any minute he was going to lose it.

Sawyer jetted over briefly to let me know he had to run an errand and he’d be back in a few. I swear, just seeing him does something unnatural to me. That’s the biggest thing I’m going to miss from moving – no casual encounters out in front of our houses. The Dave and Josievshowed up. My high school saviors! I’ve known these guys forever and they volunteered out of the good of the heart to help me move.

It was definitely awkward to start loading up the various cars/trucks/trailers with Duckie watching. He was on the phone with his mom I think saying nasty things to and about me every time one of us would pass. Thanks to Dave and Josie I was able to keep a pretty good sense of humor about the whole thing. It was so AWKWARD!

Shortly after that, my sister in law, her sister, Sawyer, and my mom showed up. My mom corralled Duckie and literally let him cry on her shoulder for the whole hour it took us to load up.

Part of the good distraction for the day was that Dave/Josie know about Sawyer but Sawyer doesn’t know they know. Very complex! Ha! But that made it funny plus it was good to hear that Josie thought Sawyer was every bit as hot as I do. Why is it so much better when one of your friends agrees that your man is smoking hot?

Leaving the house was weird. Duckie took Leo and Ladybug aside to say bye to them. It was really sad. Then we took a minute alone. We actually hugged and I found myself tearing up. I caved in that moment and told him we could all have dinner together on Monday if he wanted. It was sad to leave him there, not for me, but because I do want him to learn from all this, go on, be happy, and make some woman an awesome husband – just not me!

The moving in was pretty uneventful. With so many people around Sawyer and I really didn’t get a moment alone, just lots of eye contact and meaningful faces. Though right when we first got to the apartment we did manage a hot kiss or two. It was very hard to behave around him, to keep that friendly distance. We got everything up in the new apartment and freaking Sawyer carried a dryer up three flights of stairs by himself. Show off!

I am actually totally unpacked, pictures on the wall, and everything. After so much drama and craziness the last few months, this seems very surreal. I guess I have to learn to single parent and live on my own now. Should be another interesting transition. I have to tell you, it feels very weird/awesome/incredible/surreal/emotional to be here in my own place finally.

I basically owe everyone big time for helping with this transition and Sawyer has made me promise to pay him back in some very specific ways. Ha! Can’t wait for that!

Miranda

Comments

  1. I am so happy for you!! Congrats on your new beginning!!!! :)
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later