Gavin Is The Heat

Ok, I know when I last posted I was pretty pissed about him seeing the ex. It turned into a good thing. He went and he said that the 15 minutes he was there were 15 very miserable minutes. Damien said he needed to go just to make sure there was closure there. I would have thought the restraining order was his sign, but whatever. I personally think I was placing a lot of the shit that had happened the previous night with Russell onto what Gavin was saying...if that makes any sense.
So Gavin calls me yesterday at 3pm and I let it go to voice mail, because honestly I'd dropped Chloe off for a sleepover and had gone over to a friend's house for a little smoke and I didn't trust myself to chat with him at that point. He called back about an hour later though and I took that call. He asked me if I wanted to come hang out that night, to which I responded "Sure, but I'm at the beach with Damien right now and when I'm done I need to go home and shower, so I'll call you later". I'm trying to play this kind of cool, but I suck that. I just want to be able to say what I feel...in time I guess. I get over to his house and he's got a fire going and some of his friends over...apparently it's a big deal for him to start introducing me to people per Damien. Then he tells me his son is coming over later (gasp!)...I was so freaking nervous about meeting a 12 yr old boy it was ridiculous. I had many cocktails, he cooked dinner, and we ended up having a great night. I spent the full night over there because Chloe was gone. It was so strange waking up to another man. I've only slept over once before with someone and I felt horrible about it, like I had truly cheated on Russell. Now of course, it's different...lots of things are different. For example, I'm a no contact sleeper...Russell has strictly adhered to this policy for years...Gavin is not. He's a full on cuddle, touching, holding sleeper and I must say that I love it. He was like that Wednesday night too. There is something comforting about it. It's taking me some getting used to, but I may be changing that rule. I still haven't had sex with him. His kid spent the night last night, so we did fool around some in the bathroom but that was it. I start my period tomorrow, so it looks like I may end up knowing him for about 2 weeks before we actually have sex...it's a new record for me (and probably for him too).
When I left this morning, he was all pouty that I wasn't bringing Chloe to the track today to watch his son compete. I had to explain again that until I'm really serious about a guy, they aren't meeting Chloe. I think that's a good rule. I will not cave on this rule...but how long defines serious? I mean I know it's longer than a week!! If we move into the house right down from him, I'm sure things will speed up but I have to keep it all in check and protect her too. I think it's going to be hard dating now that I'm a Mom, although men do seem to love a MILF...yay!
-Jules

Comments

  1. Hilarious! Long live the MILF!

    That being said, I hate playing it cool too. I want to just say what I want and not worry about it. Close to that point with Sawyer but not quite sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! All this coy stuff is for the freaking birds. I did cave last night though and we had hot, amazing sex.
    I think you can tell Sawyer, esp. after the bomb he dropped the other day!
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later