Bringing Crazy Back


So despite what appeared to be good sense, Duckie has gotten back with his crazy ex-girlfriend.  I noticed a few days ago they were Facebook friends again and now they’ve started back with their mushy comments.  Maybe she won’t be so crazy this time…… but somehow I doubt it.

Of course this could work in my favor.  If she’s insecure and needy enough, he might be willing to take things further with her this time resulting in shacking up or an engagement ring. Either way will get me one step closer to an early end for the alimony payments.  And damn if I couldn’t use it. Miranda is broke this month already and there are 21 more days to go till payday!

This weekend is Leo’s birthday party.  I’m not sure if Duckie’s parents are going to come. I bet his mom does but I’m doubt his dad will.  He’s pretty much refused to acknowledge that I’m alive since I told Duckie I wanted to split up last winter.  At any rate, Coach will meet Duckie at Leo’s party and now that the crazy ex is back in the picture, it should be in interesting element to have me and my boyfriend there along with Duckie and his girlfriend. 

Just a couple more weeks and I’ll be officially divorced!  It seems so weird to think of myself as a divorcee.  I just never imagined I’d ever be divorced.  I can’t remember if I pointed this out before but out of the seven close girlfriends I had in high school, six of us are divorced.  (Josie is the only one still happily married.) How weird is that? And we all have different backgrounds. Some had happily married parents, some had divorced parents. Some were only kids, some had a lot of siblings.  All different kinds of home life.  Just too weird to think of those odds!

A while back I had a conversation with Coach about second marriages.  I know statistics say that second marriages are more likely to end in divorce but my optimistic nature disagrees.  I think if you get married a second time it seems like you should be more likely to have a successful marriage.  I mean for me I’m far more grown now than I was when I was 22 and getting married.  I know a crap ton more about myself and how to be in a healthy relationship. I know far more about what I want and need in a partner.  I’m not going to have any more kids and let’s just all admit it, having kids drastically changes your relationship with your spouse.  And I know how hard it is to end a marriage, so for me, I feel like that will make me even more likely to do everything I can to make the marriage work.  

I know it’s different for everyone but I feel like a lot of why I got married the first time was because it felt like that’s what I was supposed to do next. I was out of school, working full time, had been dating Duckie for a pretty long time, and it just seemed like that was the next step to being an “adult.” If I choose to get married again, I think it will be for very different reasons. 

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later