Have You Got What it Takes?

Well I’m having open tryouts for Team Miranda if anyone wants to sign up. No one has been kicked off per se but I’ve simply decided to shake things up a bit. Clearly, I’m addicted to the attention of multiple guys. What can I say? I have issues! LOL!

First up in the summer tryout session is the Italian Stallion. New gentleman from POF. He’s 41, divorced, loves to cook, and has five kids. Yep, if we end up together we’ll be the Brady Bunch 2.0. Actually two of his kids are grown (need to find out exactly how old he was when they were born), and he and the ex share custody of their three youngest sons. He’s cute though my gut is telling me he’s going to be Mr. Romance and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I mean I like a little romance as much as the next girl does but if you haven’t noticed already, I’ve kind of got a hard, crusty shell. There’s a fine line between just enough romance and way too much romance with me. We’ve talked a fair amount via email and started texting as of today (note: he’s already calling me sweetie via text – potential red flag number 1). One thing that makes me laugh is on his POF profile, he has a testimonial from another person (if you’re not familiar with POF, you can post testimonials about people you’ve gone out with). This woman, who incidentally is 47 and quite unattractive says great things about him including he’s a great kisser and that he really values monogamy…..think I’ll be editing my story for the Italian Stallion! HA! We’re meting for after work drinks and “hanging out” Wednesday. I’ll let you know how it goes.

There are also several other really cute guys I’ve been talking with online but the Italian Stallion is the first one I’ve agreed to let try out. If any others earn the official try out, I’ll be sure to update you on them.

Of my current line up, everyone’s still on the team. SoCo and I got to hang out in a total “friends only” zone this weekend, which sucked but whatever. Lawyer Boy is still buried under studying. I did send him an email via POF when I noticed he’d put up a new profile picture LOL. I was telling Gwyn at lunch today how much more fun he was when we first started dating way back in April before he was studying for the bar. With less than two weeks to the test, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that fun guy returns after the exam but I’m not holding my breath. College Crush is still around too. I talk to him well more than any other boy at the moment. That’s both good and bad. I think I’m going spend some quality time with him this weekend so I can figure out what’s there. Though yesterday I was randomly thinking about my team and imagining kissing them and the thought of kissing him gave me that little thrill of excitement. He’s a good kisser, what can I say? And blazing hot Flyboy is still making me weak in the knees. Sadly our schedules have been jacked up and we haven’t been able to reconnect yet though we talk every day pretty much and he is moving to NC full time soon! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Incidentally, so not on the team but I know you want to know what’s up with him, I finally heard from Sawyer yesterday. His wonderful excuse for standing me up and then not emailing me for weeks was this, “I wasn't able to see you that weekend, and I figured you would be pissed with me. The wife was around me and I couldn't call you. Then I got the email about being stood up, so I just left it alone. And, I was off last week.” I told him he was rude and I’d met his momma and knew she’d raised him with better manners than that. Weird thing to say but it worked in the situation and it’s totally true. I have met his mom and dad several times. I digress. Since then we’ve exchanged friendly emails back and forth and of course, he eventually asked me when he was going to see me again. As if! I merely LOL’d him and went on with the conversation via email. I’ve sworn him off. Not gonna do it or him! If I fall, yet again, I fully give Gwyn permission to publically flay me.

So new boys, old boys – boys boys boys. I’m embarking on my first week with no kids and I’m seriously contemplating another dating challenge. I wonder how many boys I can squeeze into 7 days and 7 nights…

Miranda

Comments

  1. I think it's at a point where WE'RE keeping our fingers crossed that Lawyer Boy's time open up after the bar! Hard to make up your mind about someone who admittedly can't give you his full attention for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE POSTED A NEW PROFILE PIC?! Boo LB...boo. Bad boy.
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told him about updating his POF profile when I saw him last at the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -Gwyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2