It's a Small World After All

I think the theme for mine and Miranda’s weekends could be titled “The Crossing of Paths.” Very appropriate.

Friday night for me was completely uneventful. I had hoped to see The Barber but instead I ended up texting with his cousin most of the night while I entertained a pack of six dogs (pet-sitting is another one of my hustles lol). He finally asked when I was going to come see him and I had to tell him I couldn’t because I’m seeing someone else (I had turned down 2-3 dinner invitations up to this point). He seemed confused by this answer especially once I told him the someone else wasn’t my boyfriend (because in the past I’ve hung out with him while casually dating other people). I just can’t bring myself to tell him it’s his cousin. They are relatively close but luckily for me they are both very private when it comes to their personal lives so the fact that my name hasn’t come up in conversation is no surprise. Last night in a fit of righteousness, I erased his cousin’s contact information from my phone. More on that later.

On Saturday, I was supposed to have my blind date. Well, the blind date had to put his dog to sleep on Friday so he asked for raincheck and I agreed. Saturday ended up taking a completely different turn. I got a call about noon from The Ex, he was looking for some herbal remedy and asked if I knew anyone. He has done this favor for me many times before so I agreed to hook him up with my guy. In order for this to happen, The Ex had to come to my house and hang out for a bit until my herb man could get there. I purposefully dressed very casually for this encounter – for all his faults The Ex has always been extremely physically attracted to me and I (surprisingly) don’t like to use that against him. I put on a pair of ripped up jeans and a plain v neck t shirt, no makeup. He came over and we sat on the couch waiting for my dude. We talked, I cried for no reason as I usually do when he is around and we watched some TV. He asked me about The Barber and when the last time we slept together was – I told him the answer even though I knew he wouldn’t like hearing it. He asked me if The Barber had ever been to my house and if he might pop up because if so The Ex wasn’t in the mood to have to ‘kick someone’s ass today.’ He told me he had been thinking about me a lot and that the only reason he’s seeing other girls is because he doesn’t think I’m serious about ever getting back together with him (which is true, I’m not even sure how serious I am about it). I also caught him at least three times checking me out and finally called him out on it. He said he couldn’t help it and he couldn’t stop lol. I told him he could at least wait until I wasn’t looking. Eventually my dude came and I made the introductions. Now, what’s funny about this story is that I also recently introduced The Barber to my herb man. He probably thinks I’m quite the player at this point. But what does he care if it’s making him money right? The Ex left and called me not an hour later asking if he could see me later that night. I politely declined because of my pet-sitting duties and told him maybe another night. He called me again last night but I ignored his call because The Barber was at my house. Things are starting to get a little sticky with this situation.

The weekend came to an end on a high note. The Barber was supposed to come over on Thursday night but couldn’t. Then he ended up going out of town on Saturday night. I finally heard from him yesterday about 5:30pm. We chit chatted and he suggested we go get some dinner. I had no cravings so I asked him to pick a place. To my great surprise, he suggested we go to this burrito/taco place that happens to be a favorite of mine and Miranda’s. We go at least twice a week for lunch and come to find out The Barber eats there often as well. It also happens to be owned by a man who wants to ask me out on a date. I told The Barber about the owner and his little crush on me and we both agreed it would be better if we went to the location closer to my house. Dinner was lovely and afterwards we headed back to my house to watch some movies and relax. We watched “Super High Me” while getting super high and some Will Ferrell sketches from SNL. We had fantastic wonderful amazing sex and then hung out for a little while afterwards. He left about 11pm and after he was already gone I noticed he had left me a little herbal surprise. I texted him to say thank you and told him I had a lot of fun. He texted back “No prob…Me too!!!!!!!” I love when he uses exclamation points lol.

After The Barber left I was extremely conflicted. My feelings for him are clearly not gone and are far stronger than my feelings for anyone else right now – in fact these are the strongest feelings I’ve had for anyone since The Ex. This feeling of guilt is what led me to erase his cousin’s number from my phone and I also decided I should let things go with Truck Driver. I’m not saying this is my final decision but it’s what I want to do right now. I don’t know and don’t particularly care what other girls The Barber may be talking to at this point and it’s not that I feel guilty for doing things that he is probably doing too. I just think that I need to take a step back and re-evaluate what I’m doing and if those things are helping to get me to where I want to be. Which reminds me- I guess I need to figure out where I want to be! Maybe I want to be in a different city, lol, because I’m starting to have some pretty close calls around this joint.
-Gwyn

Comments

  1. OMG love the title! It's definitely a small world for you lately though I've had some close calls. I really gotta stop getting involved with people who either live in my neighborhood or spend significant amounts of time in my neighborhood.

    It's just a matter of time until I get busted or played!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following the subtle changes going on in your perspective has been interesting. If it's up for a vote, my money's on the Barber though. Just saying :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later