Here Come the Brides

Late night wine fueled update. It doesn’t get much more exciting in Miranda’s world tonight. I told Gwyn earlier this week that I was frustrated with most of my team. That I felt like they were getting lazy and I was driving the relationships. Been there, done that, not going to do it again. So despite my need for attention and combined with the well timed work trip, I essentially stopped the communication from my end, well initiating the communication anyways. After about a day I got instant results and they were all wanting to know what I was up to. Whatever! I’m a little annoyed with them all.

So then today comes and I’m determined not to initiate any contact and follow Gwyn’s advice and stay home for a change. I waivered all day and actually did a little texting but kept it light and chatty with no discussion or reference to tonight. What did it get me? A night of boredom at home. Methinks this time Gwyn’s advice led me astray lol! Though tonight has been entertaining in some ways.

College Crush was more than excited to hear I wasn’t going out tonight and thus has been blowing up my phone all night. I told him at one point I was grouchy because I was staying in and I got this text in return….

“I truly miss everything about you from you beautiful smile to the way you smell. I love to make you laugh, to make you feel better, and it hurts me when you are in a funk. Cheer up buttercup!”


WOW! Being a girl, I had to immediately forward that text to Gwyn and Jules for a little feedback. We were all a little taken aback. College Crush is really getting in deep I think. I’m supposed to spend the weekend at the end of the month with him. I may be in for a rough ride and I’m not just talking about sex…. Though I have thought about my reasons for not being boyfriend/girlfriend with him if he ever outright asks. I mean we live 1.5 hours apart and so far our schedules haven’t meshed up nearly enough for my satisfaction on any level. True, we text or talk on the phone almost every day but still you can’t have a relationship that way and believe me, I “phoned” in a relationship with Duckie for years and next time I commit in any way, the guy damn sure is going to have to be a whole lot closer physically than College Crush currently is.

Now if you read the blog earlier you saw that Jules is having her own little “moment” with Canada. He’s so into her and she’s starting to have a crush on him. Though she denies it to some degree and declares she’s sure she’ll get bored soon. Still a man who buys you sex toys and lets you use them on him….she might need to hang on to him for a bit.

Then Gwyn tells me that the Barber has spent yet another night with her and even stayed in her bed until 2 pm even after she got up and went to work. Yep, Gwyn is on her blog strike but she’s still managing to fit in some sex into her busy schedule. He also told her “he didn’t want to jeopardize their friendship.” She said to please note that he used to say “relationship” and now he’s going with the old “friendship.” She said she wanted to say “oh yeah thanks for reminding me that we aren’t officially together anymore I was so busy dedicating my life to you that I didn’t realize dedicating my life to you included sleeping with the Truck Driver and texting your cousin!” Also despite my pleas for her to post she did say last night was quite hilarious with the Barber and it included him spitting “lots of Gatorade on her in the bed on accident.”

The boys in our lives are going over the top to say the least. In my boredom tonight I have been trolling POF and again looking at guys in the $100K salary club. I can’t believe I’ve wasted a night of freedom at home!!!!!

Miranda (aka the grumpy shut-in)

Comments

  1. Good Lord woman, you're hilarious. I essentially did the same thing tonight, but by total choice.
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never again wasting a night at home! When it was 1 am and I was deciding between watching Urban Cowboy for the umpteenth time or organizing the kids drawers I knew I'd reached my limit....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2