United Nations

Well, I may well be making my rounds around the world. I do plan to skip Asia though because quite honestly Asian men do nothing for me and I hear they are very small in areas where I prefer very large. I've been all over Craig's List lately as my current lineup has dwindled, is traveling off island for a month, or happens to be having emotional issues at the moment (Andy 33).
Last night I meant Aaron from CL. He's a super hottie...I mean I looked at his pics and he webcammed for me and I was like o-m-g. He's Italian and younger by a few years - like 29 or so. He's a 3rd grade school teacher and seemed fun to text, email, etc with so I agreed to hang out with him last night. We actually had some of Russell's managers over for dinner last night and it was very weird leaving when they were still here, but even more so when I came back and one of them was still here and my hair was all up and I didn't look neat and pristine like I did when I left. I just spoke and went to bed. Anyway, I drive to his apt last night and he shows me around and we kind of get right down to it. The guy had mad skills in bed, but holy shit he had the personality of a box of rocks. He's apparently one of those people who are MUCH better in technological communication form than in real life. After we showered, he did walk me to my car and asked that I call him again (doubtful).
So, I come home and before bed I post a new CL ad not under the casual sex section but under women seeking men. I've got to tell you, I've gotten a very different caliber of men appearing as potentials. I was still very upfront about not wanting to be someone's gf, but the responses have been interesting. Canada responded and I recognized him from chatting with him on PofF. I gave him a hard time about dropping off the conversation on PofF and he said that he's actually sent me an IM request, but later we discovered to the wrong address. He was chatting away and I finally bit it and asked him to lunch and then to go hang out at the beach. He was totally game and we met today at my fave bakery (Miranda, you know it!) and we headed out to a fairly deserted beach.
It ended up being an amazing first date. We ate lunch and watch turtles playing in front of us in the surf. We walked along the beach and saw about 20 more turtles along they way. We picked up some cool stuff on the beach and then it started to rain a little where we were. The thing about Hawaii is that you can drive a mile and get out of the rain or wait 5 minutes for it to blow over. We opted to go to another beach down the road though and set up camp again, where incidentally we saw like 5 more turtles. It was a big turtle day. He's super easy to talk to and we spent hours together today talking about all kinds of things. We've continued to text all night and into what are now the wee hours of the AM. I'm seeing him again for lunch on Tuesday and probably Friday night. I really like him, but he's military and he has 2 kids from a previous marriage (although they live in SC with their mom and have yet to come out).
So for the other CL ad replies...of course there is the usual weeding out of gross, but I actually rec'd some pretty promising replies from a lot of different men today. Here are the top contenders.
Maui - Maui is on well, Maui...but he travels extensively as he works for a major luxury hotel chain. This week he's going to China for 2 weeks and when he gets back he wants to fly to Oahu to take me to dinner one night. I actually talked to him on the phone tonight and I'm not sure if he was super nervous or slightly off, but he seems to have a hell of a great career, loads of money, doesn't live on this island, and we do appear to have a lot of similar interests...and of course, I find him very easy on the eyes.
Big Boy - He earns his name for his height...he's a tall guy from Chicago that came here and just stayed. People do that frequently. He and I have been having a very odd, conversational email chain all day. He's a contender, but not at the top of the list despite the order he's listed on here now.
Jay - He seems to be gainfully employed and owns his own house here on the island in a very expensive section I might add...he's cute with great blue eyes but he lives at the literal opposite end from me and he seems to be a busy, active guy. He works a lot in town and plays golf several times a week and will also be returning to school in the fall. He's a cutie though.
Utah - He's another not Mormon from the great state of Utah. I seriously thought you had to be Mormon to reside there, but as it turns out maybe not. You should note that he obviously lives here in HI now. He's recently divorced and has had his own business before and is wanting to start another one. He's 28 though and that's a little under the wire of acceptable ages I'm seeking at this time. I'm hanging out with him tomorrow night, so we'll see how he pans out.
I rec'd a lot of other potentials, but these are the current top four/five. It's of note that ALL of these guys are divorced, with the possible exception of Big Boy. I honestly can't remember his status. It's been an exhausting, yet fun day trying to keep up with communications with all of them. It's one of those things that's certainly good for the ego, not that I'm feeling down right now...I just decided to shake things up some.
-Jules

Comments

  1. I bet a good 90% of the guys I've either dated or talked to since moving out are divorced. I guess it's just the odds of our age range. Sometimes I think it's easier to be involved with a divorced person because at least they have some perspective on what you've been thru. Sometimes it's just more drama though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point - I don't mind if they are divorced as long as they don't have kids on this island and/or living with them and if their ex isn't a psychotic nut job! LOL!
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2