It's True!

Duckie has a date Thursday night! My super-sleuthing led me to believe it and then Sawyer confirmed it for me this morning. I’m so freaking happy! And not selfishly just for me, but actually for him.

At the core of all this, I really do want Duckie to move on and be happy. I know from time to time I bitch about him but he is a good man who deserves to be happy and have a woman who will love him entirely and completely. I refuse to believe that he was entirely happy with me, just like I wasn’t entirely happy with him. We weren’t miserable but we were both missing out on a lot by being in a marriage where we each were only putting in 50% on a good day.

I know it’s hard for a lot of my friends and family to believe that but it’s the God’s honest truth at the end of the day. I know the last few months have been hard on him and I’m sure me being the one to leave the marriage was a real blow to his confidence or whatever but it was the right thing to do. And one of us had to be the one to do it or we’d just sit endlessly in that cycle of mediocrity settling for far less than we both deserve. Despite his flaws (and boy does he have some flaws!), he will make some girl somewhere very happy. That girl is just not me.

In random other news, I caught myself trolling Plenty of Fish last night looking at guys who were in the income level of $100K and over LOL. I admit I looked at every single one of their profiles just in case one of them may look back at mine and decide to message me. I’m not a gold digger (re: Duckie) but it would be nice to go out with a wealthy guy for a change. HA! Seriously, I think I was looking in an effort to quell my burgeoning feelings for Lawyer Boy.

Keep your fingers crossed and think good thoughts for Duckie Thursday night!

Miranda

Comments

  1. I completely understand, I feel the same way about my ex- I don't really wish him any ill will, and I want him to find someone... I just REALLY don't want it to be me! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Ugh