Aloha Time

I’m writing this at work today b/c I’m so bored I might die. I was just texting with Miranda and we were discussing Aloha time. Here in Hawaii the islands run on this phenomena. Aloha time essentially refers to doing stuff when you get around to it. It might be sunny/rainy/big surf day/good fishing day/happy hour/etc…so I’ll get around to doing it when I do. I was lamenting that I still have not been given a start date for the new job. I’m not sure if it’s because maybe she interviewed someone after me that she liked better for the position or if she’s just on aloha time too. I was giving Miranda an example regarding Mother’s Day. I have presents for our mothers…Mother’s Day was yesterday (as you all know)…I’ll probably get them mailed out in the next few weeks…mind you I do already have them on my dresser at home...it’s just how we roll here.

So, how does this relate to the the blog? Here’s what I did for myself for Mother’s Day last night. Mr. NY had to get up early today for work, so he was out. I may see him tonight though. Anyway, I was on PoF talking to a guy that’s here for work this week. I typically don’t mess with traveling businessmen and tourists. While I am obviously not searching from some LTR, I’m also not seeking out one night stands either. This guy put in his profile that he 1. Has a Ph.D and works for Amazon.com (my fave online retailer!) and 2. Went to massage therapy school, loves to give massages, and doesn’t ever plan to charge people for them…um, hello…count me in. (The downside to Aloha time is this…it’s expensive as shit to live here. We’re broke all the time due to the cost of rent and food. We don’t mind because we live here in freaking paradise, but we had to cut out luxury items like spa services. ) We started chatting and I determined that he wasn’t some total nut job (or if he was he did a good job getting past my brief mental health assessment). I determined that he really didn’t expect anything in return for this (although he is very cute in a dorky way). He’s here on business and bored in his hotel room, and he does come here about once a month…so not just a totally random thing. I convinced myself that it would be ok to go to his room (I did break my own rule here, but it ended well…I won’t make it habit though!) and he totally gave me a massage. The relation to the aforementioned Aloha time is this…in NC, I was constantly stressed. When I would go for a massage, they would always find a lot of tension in my shoulders and lower back…this is where I carry it. He found no tension…none at all…zilch. You would think that I’d have some given my current life situation, but apparently not. I can tell too…you know when you get a massage you can feel the knots…I honestly didn’t have any last night…very interesting. In the interest of full anonymous disclosure that I have on here, we did end with a happy ending in the form of mutual masterubation...it was a little weird, but fun.

-Jules

Comments

  1. That does sound fun. But you're right, watch out for us travelling businessmen! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

Ugh