Failure to Launch

It’s just been a hell of a week wrapped up by a very abnormal, fun, and weird Saturday.

Thursday I worked at a benefit concert for my work. There are tons of stories here starting with as I left a slightly inebriated voicemail for Gwyn a “hot hottie hotterton” very good looking beer guy. Gwyn and I spent a couple hours drooling over him and at the end of the event I got to meet this fine fellow. He’ll be at all the benefit concerts to come so the eye candy will be delightful.

Randomly his “boss” ended up asking to be introduced to me that same night. Cute guy, a little on the sort side though. We hung out for a couple hours after the concert just talking. He was trying to bring a big game for a short guy but it was fun to flirt and play. I did let him kiss me a time or two. But seriously, he’s so not Team Miranda eligible. Number one he’s only an inch or so taller than me, number two he clearly thinks he’s a player, and number three, call me shallow, but he lives in a trailer. LOL!

In conversation I made a joke about where he grew up being full of trailer parks and he told me he grew up in one and still lived in one. HA! Quite a funny moment to dig myself out of. He’s also got braces which are actually kind of cute. First time I can remember kissing a guy with braces since I was in middle school. I did end up with a free case of beer from hanging out with him. Score!

That night when I got home, I ended up chatting simultaneously with College Crush and FJB. After the weirdness with FJB earlier in the week I don’t know what I expected but it was still weird. He failed to secure the date for Friday even after I handed it to him on a virtual silver platter. In the conversation he told me I was acting too “available.” I thought my head was going to explode. I mean seriously, we talk at most every 3-4 days and we’ve only gone out 3 times in as many weeks. I left the conversation with he knew my number if he wanted to call me and that perhaps I’d answer. I don’t understand what’s going on with him. Before I was willing to “wait” for him but now I’m not so sure.

At the same time I was having that weird conversation with FJB, I was having a delightful conversation with College Crush. Since we’ve set the date for the end of this month he’s definitely stepped up his game. And I’m really keeping my fingers crossed that he’s not the Pillsbury Doughboy. I had taken some random Facebook quiz about the kind of guy I like (the comedian was my result in case you were wondering) and he mentioned that he saw it and “oh by the way, I think I’m pretty funny.” He said a bunch of other cute stuff too that made me laugh and took a little out of the sting of the FJB conversation. I’m really looking forward to hanging out with him in real life in a couple of weeks.

So then Friday Gwyn and I were trapped in an awful, all day point less training in which we laughed, cut up, made fun, complained, and basically obliterated all benefit of the training. Word on the street is that the entire staff hated it and basically slammed it on the evaluations, but I digress. Since FJB’s failure to launch, I thought I was going to have a lonely Friday night at home. About the time I had put on my pj’s, and had a beer or two, the Giant called. He’d been at a family dinner and cut out early hoping I’d come see him. And I did. I packed my overnight bag and headed out for a little lakeside adventure. My intention had been to lay off the Giant until this thing with FJB worked itself out but I’ll admit my ego needed a little stroking and I do like the Giant.

It’s so freaking romantic out at his lake house. I got out there relatively late but we sat on his deck and watched a storm rolling on the far side of the lake for a long time. Just sitting there in the dark, snuggling up, chatting, and listening to the lake sounds. A girl could definitely get used to it I tell you want. It was cute too because it started to get chilly and I just had on a short sleeve shirt so he offered me one of his. I’m not exaggerating when I say that it hung down to my knees and the sleeves were a good 6 inches longer than my hands. We had a very nice, romantic time in what Gwyn coined “adult activities.” He’s a genuine good guy, at least as far as I could see. You never know, I could end up with a summer boyfriend with a lake house… how convenient. I will say two odd things I’ve noticed about him – 1. His hands are just barely bigger than mine. Very odd considering how big of a guy he is. And 2, sometimes during our adult activities, he makes this little sound that sounds an awful lot like a girl’s happy moan. LMFAO. It just comes out every once in a while but it makes me want to laugh.

On to my crazy weird Saturday. Today we had Ladybug’s birthday party at a local skating rink. So I got the awkward enjoyment of hanging out with Duckie. Though things seem slightly better than they were before, he's still mighty standoffish.  Sawyer was there with his kids of course. Since we’ve not been communicating much I didn’t know if he was going to actually be there or not but he was. When I questioned him about it, he told me in his slick Sawyer ways “he wouldn’t have missed it for the world just to get to hang out with me.” Gwyn was at the party so she actually got to meet him first hand. It’s so freaking hard to behave with him. I’m like a moth to the flame. It’s ridiculous. I know it’s unhealthy, I know it’s stupid, I know it’s taking a huge risk, but I want to see him. There’s just this chemistry between us that’s undeniable. If we were both single, I think we could have a potential blast, well, that is if we could trust each other. But that’s never going to happen now is it…
I’m going to do my best to be strong and stay away from him. I got lured into talking to him for an extended period of time and he asked me if Duckie was going to be mad. I told him I didn’t really care how Duckie felt about me talking to him and as I said that I looked across the room and saw Gwyn staring at me and thought to myself, “Duckie might not get mad but Gwyn sure will!” LOL!

I’m struck by things Jules and Gwyn say as well as with some of the blogs we’re following on the left side of this blog, that we all seem to have that one guy we just can’t resist. The one who strings us along to some degree and that even though we know we shouldn’t keep messing with him, we do. Wonder why that is?

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later