No Wham, No Bam, No Thank You Ma'am


So last night was date number 3 with FJB and it was good, but weird in a way.  He got there right on time and was dressed very nicely as usual.  He gave me a nice compliment on my dress.  We hadn’t made any definite plans as to what we were doing other than going out to eat so we just hung out in the living room a bit.

FJB sat in the recliner so I sat kind of in the middle of the couch.  I realized I had unintentionally built a pillow fort next to me so I moved things around so the couch was open and welcome if he wanted to come sit with me.  He stayed in the chair though.  We chatted for a good bit while deciding where to go eat. 

Eventually we did decide and we headed out.  I actually had to drive because he’d ridden his motorcycle that day.  Hot!  He looks good on a bike, what can I say?  We had a great dinner with lots of laughing and talking, everything felt really good.  We went ahead and made our plans for our Saturday night date too.  All felt very natural.  And I really like him, like “like like” him.  Way more than all the other boys on Team Miranda (well except for Texas and I can’t really gauge how much I like him due to the lack of real life contact.  That being said, virtually he’s smoking blazing on fire – man you want to marry hot LOL.)

Since I had invited him out this time, I had planned to pay.  But he ended up paying for dinner.  He said he was just too old fashioned to do it any other way. 

After dinner we decided just to head back to my apartment, it was a work night after all.  We got there and what happens….he sprawls out on the loveseat.  Is there room for me to sit with him, nope.  So I sit all cute and ladylike on the couch and we watch TV for a while.  I’m trying to position myself on the couch to look cute, approachable, and sexy.  Next thing I know he says he’s really beat and he probably needs to head home.  Now to be fair he was yawning a lot but still.  So I hop up to walk him to the door thinking surely I’m going to get the chance to sway him into spending a little more time or hell even staying the night (again not for sex – holding out on that).  He bends down to hug me (remember he’s tall 6’3) and I realize he’s not even going to kiss me.  WTF! 

At this point, I had enough liquid courage and sexual frustration that I just grabbed his face, pulled him down, and planted one on him.  He kind of looked a little surprised and I told him he was a hard guy to figure out.  He laughed and asked what I meant and I told him I felt like I couldn’t even tell if he liked me sometimes.  He said, “What?  Of course, I like you.  You should know that.”

Then he said good night and was gone.  It was about 9:45 at this point…  Yeah.  That was about my reaction.  I called Gwyn and left what I’m sure was a strung out voicemail about what had happened.  And honestly, I was kind of pissed and perplexed by all that.  I mean I certainly didn’t expect him to be all over me but if I hadn’t have kissed him, I really don’t think we’d have kissed at all.  Gwyn did her best to reassure me that he’s just being a gentleman but still.

After my initial frustration subsided, I got to thinking about all this.  Clearly, he’s a good guy and I do believe he likes me.  I can tell he does.  Maybe he is just “old fashioned” and on the last date we just got carried away with the moment?  Maybe he’s all about taking things slow?  Maybe I’m just a slut?  HA!

There’s an episode of the greatest show ever – Sex and the City – where Carrie is first dating Aiden and she’s feeling much the same as me.  He tells her he doesn’t want to rush things, just let them flow and enjoy them as they go.  In that episode she wonders if she’s just gotten on this fast-track with every relationship where all things head directly to sex.  Maybe I’ve fallen into that pattern too.  Maybe I need to just relax, breathe, and enjoy the ride so to speak.  I always say I love the anticipation period where you’re still new to each other and things are exciting, awkward, and tense.  So if I love this part of a relationship so much, why am I frustrated right now?

I’ll guess we’ll see how our Saturday date pans out.  I think I just need to chill out!  My horoscope did say that dates yesterday would be a challenge…

Miranda

PS – Tonight is date number 2 with the Giant.  I hope his dorky southern boy ways don’t irritate me with the mood I’m in.  I just need to shake it off and focus on him tonight.

PPS – I will admit that in my fit of frustration last night I wished I’d went ahead and made plans to see Sawyer this morning emotional fuckwittage be damned.  But, thank heavens we don’t communicate in any way except via work email and I couldn’t contact him if I tried.  I guess my guardian angel was working overtime last night making sure my legs were staying firmly closed.

Comments

  1. I could see how that would be frustrating, but really he sounds kind of sweet. And you played your part perfectly - you clearly communicated you're into him, you clearly communicated your confusion, and you showed him that you're not afraid to take the initiative when you see something you want - which should be both flattering and an implied warning to him. Now the ball's in his court.

    By the way, kissing a guy like that? Hot. If he's really into you too, I'll bet he had a silly grin on his face for the rest of the night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later