Three's Company

My head is spinning right now. And it’s not from the wine I drank last night. I went to see Crossfit again last night (yes I know it’s his turn to come see me but his schedule is crazy this week so I relented….although I made sure he knows the next time we hang out he’s coming to me). During the drive to his house I kept myself occupied talking to Truck Driver and texting with The Inmate.

When I got there Crossfit came out to my car, opened the door and gave me a very sweet kiss…and then another….and then another. We walked inside and music was playing and I could tell someone was cooking. I took my bag upstairs, we kissed some more, and then plopped myself on a bar stool at the island in the kitchen. As you may suspect, the ‘someone’ cooking in the kitchen was his dad. So we meet again. Crossfit then tells me he has to go upstairs and take a shower, he had barely walked in the door from working out when I arrived. Say what? Come again? You mean you are about to leave me sitting in here with your DAD! By myself! Omg I was freaking out. He left us there for about 15 minutes. His dad is a really nice guy and we got along fine, talked about his daughter’s upcoming wedding….he let me taste all the different beers they picked out for the reception….told me about their boat (now I know for sure I’ve found a rich boy). I’m pretty sure he looked at my boobs once but I can’t blame him I did sort of have them on display. Crossfit came back down and we all just sat around like a big happy family while his dad grilled the steaks. The meal was delicious – NY Strip, grilled asparagus, baked potato and salad. We all ate together at the kitchen table even the dog sat in a chair. It was surreal. I just kept thinking “What the fuck is going on right now!?!?”

After dinner we went upstairs to watch some Family Guy. On a side note, when we first got upstairs Crossfit had to use the restroom before he had a chance to turn on the tv or anything. He left me sitting on the couch while he went to pee. When he came back he said “That was a test. You passed.” Apparently, I passed since I remained sitting on the couch and didn’t get up and try to turn on the tv/electronic devices while he was gone. Duh dude. I’m not messing with someone’s 50 inch flat screen television with all those fancy accessories. Maybe that’s what he meant? Would it have been rude for me to get up and turn everything on? Back to the story…….we watched an episode of Family Guy and he gave me a foot rub (I gave him one too). He also dry humped the heck out of me which was slightly strange but understandable. Finally, we went upstairs to go to bed. I brought sweatpants to wear to sleep because his room is ridiculously cold. He found that humorous and told me that he would keep me warm, no need for the protective sweatpants. It’s so funny. I’ve dated tons of guys who have such an aversion to sweat pants or to any type of pajama wear that covers you up. They all want you in the bed either totally naked or in something skimpy. I mean I get it, women are beautiful and you like to look at us. But can’t a girl be comfortable? Sheesh. So we fooled around for awhile and I really don’t remember falling asleep. I do, however, remember being woken up at some God awful hour to fool around some more. This boy has quite the sex drive, I don’t think I can hold him off much longer.

Now to my dilemma. What is up with him leaving me alone with his dad? Was it a test? Does he regularly bring random girls home for his dad to cook for and therefore doesn’t see it as a big deal? Am I reading too much into the whole thing? Also, Crossfit keeps telling me about his sister’s wedding but has yet to indicate any interest in asking me to go with him. Is that a test? Does he already have a date? WTF???????? When I left this morning he simply said “Have a good day and a safe drive.” That’s it. No “I’ll talk to you soon” or “Looking forward to next time”. Nothing. And it’s like that every time we are together. He’s all up in my shit but then when I leave he acts all aloof and never gives me any idea of what the next step is going to be. I’m the one who texted him once while he was out of town and texted him yesterday to say hello – which is what got the whole ball rolling. But he’s the one who pursued me in the beginning, big time. I thought guys like the chase so why do I feel like he wants me to chase him? Help! I need advice blog readers!

On a completely different note, I saw The Barber briefly at the end of last week when I met him to get some money. I know this sounds bad but giving me money is sort of his way of making up for all the things he isn’t able to give me – like time and emotional support. There is never an expectation that I ‘owe’ him in any way. It’s not like that at all. I think he honestly feels guilty about how he treated me and this is an easy way for him to feel better. I’m sorry people but it’s hard to turn down free money. And if you had put up with some of the things I put up with, you’d be taking the money too.

-Gwyn

Comments

  1. I've already heard the story and your post still makes me die laughing! The dog sitting at the table with you is the best!

    The sleeping in the same bed with limited interaction is hard - no pun intended! That takes some real self control - but I can't believe you busted out sweat pants! That's a definite no nonsense sign I suppose.

    I think Crossfit wants to be chased. You either gotta put on your running shoes or put the kibosh on that right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know any guys who intro girls they're casually dating to meet their dads, unless it was specifically because they're semi-serious about said girl. Either Crossfit is making a statement about how important you are, or he's got the weirdest relationship with his dad I've ever heard of.

    Or he didn't have money to take you out, so his dad cooked?

    But it does sound a little like he wants you to chase him a little in return. From his prospective: he chased you, introduces you to his dad, and is being perfectly respectable despite the Gandhi-esque will it must take to sleep with you without actually "sleeping" with you. Perhaps he's just really unsure of how crazy you are about him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diner Nighthawk:
    Good points...I don't think he's too broke to take me out so I'm going to go with the 'he's just really unsure' theory. After I read your comment last night, I decided to send Crossfit a text to test the waters. It seemed to work very well and ended with him wishing me sweet dreams. Again, no indication of when he will call/visit me next but I guess it's one baby step at a time! And the Gandhi-esque part of your comment totally made me LOL.....

    -Gwyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later