Oh Vey

So there’s a potential new boy on the Miranda team. He who shall be known as Faux-Jew Boy. Why this distinction? Well his first, middle, and last name are very Jewish. Btu in conversation last night, he revealed that he grew up in a pretty traditional church. Weird. Maybe his dad’s Jewish? Sounds like his parents aren’t together anymore but I didn’t get that far in to specifics with him.

We had been exchanging emails here and there through Pof but nothing was progressing past that point then out of the blue he emailed me the other day and asked for my number and suggested we meet. I said I was up for it and gave him the digits. Nothing. Like 3-4 days went by with no text or call so I just figured whatever. Then yesterday as I was pulling into church, yes despite all my sinful ways I do attend church on a fairly regular basis LOL, he texted me asking if I wanted to go to a baseball game in an hour. Yes, in exactly one hour from the time he texted me.

I was perplexed. I wanted to go but at the same time there’s the whole not appearing “too available” thing. Plus I had Ladybug with me so I would have had to drop her off at my mom’s and all that combined made me turn him down. We texted each other like two times and then he disappeared again! At this point I was really thinking I was his “back up plan” and whatever girl he was supposed to have gone with had dumped him at the last minute. Whatever.

About 9:30 I got online and immediately he sent me an IM. Lord! How did we ever get along without IM in the past! We started chatting and before I knew it three hours had past. We actually had a great conversation. It honestly started out a little awkward but very quickly we got into the groove. He’s a mechanical engineer who has TWO patents. LOL. I actually googled him, he didn’t volunteer the patent information. Still pretty cool. Not everyone is creative enough to invent something and get a patent. He’s a year younger than me and a relatively recent transplant from the north.

We had some great banter and he’s clearly a big time smart ass which I like as long as he knows when to cut it out. He wrapped up the conversation by asking me out for this week, which I accepted. I had thought my team was full but he wormed his way in there. We’ll see if he’s worthy in a few days LOL.

Incidentially, I was a little disappointed he wasn’t Jewish. If he had been, I’d have the dating trifecta – a redneck, a metrosexual, and a Jew. Oh well! One interesting thing, my four big hitters (Motorcycle Man, Lawyer Boy, Faux Jew Boy, and Texas) all have one thing in common – they all have or either have had motorcycles. Random thing to all have in common. Maybe I’m meant to be a biker chick?

Miranda

Comments

  1. I think you need some tats and at least ONE piece of clothing with a confederate flag on it before you can officially be a "biker chick". I say you should go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Adam. I actually do have three tattoos. So I guess I'm half way there. But never shall I sport the confederate flag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to have to start beating 'em off with a stick here pretty soon, aren't you? :) It sounds like you're cautious and you know what you're looking for though; I don't know you that well, but somehow I think you're going to handle the extra complication just fine :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Ugh