THE Move

Ok, so we are settling into the divorce house. Yesterday didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped, but it wasn't the worst day ever. We all woke up earlier than I had thought we would and headed to pick up the U-Haul. Once back at the old house, we realized quickly that everything would NOT fit...which meant 2 trips...which also meant another $50. Lovely. The first loading went well...the first unload not so much. We had already broken Chloe's desk trying to load it...the 1st causality of the move. Then, we were taking the boxspring up the steps of the new house for my new bed and I was on the bottom end (ie the heavy end). I lost my grip, slid down the steps some, and dropped the boxspring on my face and foot. The rest of the unload was downhill. I started crying and it was just waterworks from then on. Russell ended up scratching the floor trying to slide the boxspring into the house after my tantrum (which I blame him for btw...who gives the girl the fucking heavy end??). I literally lost it over having to move the couch in. Our friend that was supposed to help us bailed at the last minute.
I managed to get my shit together during transit for the second loading and the last unload went fairly well. I hurt myself a few more times, but nothing major. After we finished the unload, we got pizza and wine, unpacked the kitchen, and sat on the porch drinking together. It was nice. I think I can do this. I've yet to run into Gavin, which has also been delightful. I think it's going to be ok here. Ok, off to unpack some more now. I'm supposed to meet my new boy toy tomorrow. ;) I'll keep you guys updated on how that goes. OMG he's HOT!!
-Jules
PS A neighbor of ours just came over and introduced herself since we have girls about the same age and they wanted to play. I actually met her last month at Gavin's house, but she acted like she didn't remember so here's hoping. ANYWAY, she told me that Gavin is moving next month when his lease is up...HOT DAMN! (Big Smiles!!) On another update note, my new boy toy has to leave tonight for an on call work assignment on another island until Thursday. It looks like I won't get to meet him until next weekend, but he promised to make it up to me. ;)

Comments

  1. Well, the worst of the move is over then. Now all that's left is the unpacking.

    Moving is stressful enough, so I can't imagine where your pulse was having to deal with... everything, on top of moving. Sounds like you held up like a champ!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Ugh