Next at Bat


A quick addendum to yesterday’s post… Yesterday afternoon after my delightful lunch with the Giant Ginger, he texted me a couple funny and sweet messages.  He asked if I had plans for after work and I told him I had a softball game.

A few texts later I found myself inviting him to the game and then to hang out at my place for a little while.  This is part of the “new” open, willing to take risks Miranda.  So he showed up for the game, which made me incredibly nervous as I played.  We chatted a little bit between innings and then he offered to carry my bat bag to my car for me after the game lol.  My sister in law plays on my team and we were talking after the game so he also got to meet her, which was weird and funny all at once.

Afterwards we went back to my apartment and I jumped in the shower to take myself out of the jock version of Miranda and back into some semblance of my normal self.  We spent the next 3 hours on my deck talking about everything under the sun.  The Giant Ginger is a very interesting guy.  Quite the opposite of McKing – polar opposite in fact in a lot of ways.  There was some causal touches and innocent footsie playing but that was it.  When I finally sent him packing there was a long lingering hug and it about killed me not to look up at him and lay a kiss on him.  But I didn’t. 

Today he asked me to lunch but I declined because I felt like I should (plus I really wanted to watch True Blood over my lunch hour – vampires = HOT).  But I have to admit, I’m kind of dying to see him again.

True to form, McKing has also called me twice today though he gets his daughter back and I’m sure he’ll be MIA the next few days after this one.  He did ask me if I had plans for the weekend and upon hearing that I didn’t said he wanted to make sure we did something this weekend. 

Coach has been much more distant this week thankfully.  Though he did IM me yesterday to say he was having back surgery next month and to remind me that today was his first counselor appointment.  Whatever!

I can’t wait to see what the rest of the week brings!

Miranda 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2