SCORE!

Happy Valentine’s Day from your resident optimist. Though I have to say now that I’m in the last week of having Coach in the same state as me, I’m feeling more than a little anxious. Luckily I’m relying on my long manifested skills of squashing emotions and I’ll deal with the anxiety and stress after he’s actually moved.


I’m determined to make this week a good one and do my best not to think about the fact that this time next week he’ll be living five hours away. We’ve pretty much been glued at the hip for the last few weeks and this weekend was no exception. Saturday we went and saw Blue Valentine. Very good movie, but very intense. It’s about the end of a couple’s marriage. Yeah, heavy stuff but it was very relevant and hit very close to home for both of us in a lot of ways. As good as it was, I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re ready to face some of your own emotions/issues from divorce.

The rest of the weekend was us being the uber-happy couple and having some of the wildest sex I’ve had in a long long time. Like the kind of sex that involved a blindfold and that left me feeling like I’d just run a marathon. My back is still sore today!

Then if the Saturday night sex wasn’t enough, Sunday we were each doing our own thing and he came by my place to change clothes. He had been all dressed up in a suit for a family thing and I took one look at him and about lost it. Coach was freaking hot in a suit. Hell most guys are freaking hot in a well cut suit but I digress. We were standing in the kitchen talking and kissing for a minute. He had about 15 minutes until he was supposed to be at his ex’s house to pick up his kids and the next thing I knew I was bent over the kitchen counter and it was on big time. WHOA is all I can say. Well that and he was about an hour late to get his kids. Oops – LOL!

After a lovely, indulgent weekend together, I’ll admit I was more than a little excited to celebrate Valentine’s Day. I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER had a good Valentine’s Day. And I’m so pleased to report that Coach has hit it out of the park big time! I woke up this morning to presents! He got me a pair of rainbow flip flops, a super cute purse, and some bath and body stuff. Then this afternoon he surprised me at work with an ice cream cake and a card. Then later in the afternoon he sent me flowers! And he’s taking me to dinner tonight and said there are more surprises! I think I’ve hit the jackpot here!

Miranda

Comments

  1. I'm sorry he's leaving but I think if it's meant to be, it will be. It sounds like he pulled out all the stops today! :)
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later