TMI is brought to you again this week by tmituesdayblog.wordpress.com
1. Name 5 things you did more of before social networking (facebook, myspace, twitter, etc.)?Watched more TV, read, wrote emails, actually searched things out on the Internet, and called people when I wanted to know what was going on in their lives. Incidentally, FB is the only social network I use. - Jules Talked on the phone and wrote emails. That's about it really. I'm only on Facebook too. - Miranda I spent more time on the phone (texting, talking, etc.) and definitely wrote more emails. I may have watched a little more television. I worried less about what my friends were doing, that's for sure. Ok that's all I've got...4 out of 5 ain't bad! I'm on FB and recently set up a Tumblr to catalog my Hawaiian adventures for my friends and family back home. -Gwyn
2. Your house is on fire, what do you grab as you run out? Um, my kid... - Jules Well aside from my kids and the cat, my cell phone. And probably my laptop. And checkbook. And purse. Ha! - Miranda
My 2 cats (I've actually had several anxiety dreams where this very thing happens and I freak out trying to save my cats...hey I don't have human children!), iPhone, and a couple of keepsakes from my dad that I really treasure and can't be replaced. Otherwise I think I could do without most everything else, living in Hawaii has proven that! -Gwyn
3. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night Owl! - Jules I'm good all day and night. Don't really have a preference though as I get older I need more sleep and it's harder to get up in the morning. But I'm far from grumpy like other certain people on this blog (ahem Jules) - Miranda Is neither a choice? I'm pretty much tired from the minute I wake up until I go to sleep. But now I'm much more of a morning person than I used to be and definitely not a night person anymore - Jules and Miranda call me a grandma! I'm usually in bed by 10pm at the latest. -Gwyn
a. What time did you go to bed last night?
I went to bed about 12am. - Jules About 11:30. I'm desperately trying to make myself start going to bed earlier. I've been sick for two weeks and 6 hours of sleep at night just isn't cutting it right now! - Miranda 10pm - actually a little on the late side for me and McDreamy. -Gwyn
4. A kid comes up to you and kicks you in the shin, what do you do? Grab it and beat it senseless...little fucker. Kidding, I'm a social worker. I would seriously catch it though and try to find out WTF was going on! What kind of question is that?? - Jules Find it's parents and exclaim WTF in righteous indignation. Then tell all yall what a little shit that kid was. - Miranda Grab him by the hair (because only a male child would do such a thing lol), march him to his parents (assuming they are in the vicinity) and tell his parents that they need to do a better job raising their little piece of shit kid. -Gwyn
5. What three things do you never leave the house without? My wallet, my keys, and my cell phone. - Jules My license, my cell, and my keys. And sunglasses! - Miranda Sunglasses, iPhone....hmmmm that's about it. I'm lucky if I remember to bring my wallet and even luckier if my wallet actually contains my check card and license. -Gwyn
Bonus:Name a place that you visited last week that you’ve never visited before. Briefly tell us about the visit. Last week, I took a blind student from the place where I work to Maui for a visit at our sister location to give an amazing inspirational speech to the students there. I've been to Maui, but not the the towns we drove through. Also, I took her to the lavender farm there which is simply amazing!! I would seriously consider having Chloe's wedding there one day. - Jules Jules - you know Chloe gets a say in where her wedding will be right lol? Last week I was going in the hospital through the staff entrance for the first time and trying to valiently look like I knew where I was going and that I actually belonged in the staff hallways. I went through the door and looked down at my phone to answer a text. I made a right turn and reached out for the next door and just happened to look up and see I was about to enter the MORGUE! I did a quick pivot and quickly walked in the other direction. - Miranda Let's see, I've been to so many new places lately it's hard to keep it all straight. I went to a local beach for the first time last week with McDreamy and we had a blast. At the beginning of this week I visited the bus stop in town for the first time - and let me tell you THAT is a place I don't want to visit again. It may as well have been a port-a-potty. -Gwyn
Jules and Miranda met in middle school and stayed friends through high school. Early in 2010, they both realized that their decade long marriages were splitting up at the same time and they reconnected and started the blog. Gwyn and Miranda met through work and bonded over many personal crises and a shared sick sense of humor. After confessing about the blog, Gwyn was in for the ride to share her own special experiences with boys and she and Jules became friends. Josie has been friends with Jules and Miranda basically forever and is the newest member of our blog. We are all In different places, literally and figuratively, but we always seem to rise to the occasion. And so our story goes... Email us at email@example.com.