Boy Meets Girl

I’m grumpy about boys. Imagine that! HA! In all seriousness, I am a little over the whole trying to figure out what I want thing. Thanks to damn Venus and this weird contemplative period, I’ve been in the last month or so, I’m a little weary of being inside my own mind. Life was ever so much more tolerable when I was being a slut.

Why can’t it be easy like in the movies?

Girl meets Boy’s eyes from across a crowded room. Boy is instantly struck by Girl’s beauty while admiring Girl’s obvious intellect. Boy approaches Girl. Boy asks Girl out. Girl accepts and effortlessly throws together an awesome date outfit. Boy and Girl have awesome first date. First date turns to second date and then fifth dates, etc. Boy and Girl get married and live happily ever after.

I mean really. Is that too much to ask? Instead, it’s more like...

Girl sees Boy across room. Girl stares at Boy, Boy stares at Girl, Girl averts gaze as to not appear too available. Boy leaves. Two weeks later, Girl sees Boy again. Girl stares at Boy, Boy stares at Girl, Girls stares back. Boy finally gets up nerve to talk to Girl. Boy is stupid and inane or emotionally inept and rude. Girl makes excuses for Boy. Girl and Boy go out and have fun. Boy says he will call girl and doesn’t. Girl can’t decide if she’s supposed to text Boy or email Boy or facebook Boy or hell there are too many ways to communicate. Girl tries to forget about Boy. Two more weeks later, Boy calls girl. Boy’s supposedly been busy. Boy asks Girl out in a round about way that makes the Girl feel like she asked Boy out. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Now Boy and Girl are in this pseudo-relationship way of hanging out but having no commitment. Girl goes insane trying to figure out Boy and moves to Cuba to live in a Convent.

Random boy updates – Twin seems just fine since our conversation on Friday; I take this to mean he doesn’t believe me when I say neither of us are ready for a relationship. Sawyer keeps emailing and emailing and emailing me. He actually had the audacity to call me yesterday “just to hear my voice” since we’re so near our one year anniversary (AS IF!!!!). College Crush is back to trying to get on my good side but that bridge is burned my friends. And last but not least Hot Chocolate texted me several times this weekend to say how much he looked forward to seeing me when I pick up Leo and how “it has been so hard for him to stay away from me because he can’t stop wanting to be with me.”

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2