Ass-berger's

Well I have no real answers for you yet about Jethro. He texted me throughout the afternoon an array of things saying he was thinking about me and he hoped I wasn’t mad at him and that my feelings hadn’t changed.

We spoke briefly and basically his reasons for his “weirdness” were that he’s feeling cash strapped at the moment and like he wouldn’t’ be able to take me out on all these dates he wanted to. Seems really out of the blue because we’ve only hung out twice and did things that didn’t cost any money so I’m not sure where this idea that I expect expensive dates comes from.

We started to talk about this “party girl” perception he seems to have developed based on pictures he’s seen on Facebook and in my house. I got a little irritated talking about this and pointed out to him 1 – that most of the pictures are from last year and 2 – newsflash, girls take pictures when we get dressed up and go out; it’s not like I’m gonna post/hang pics of myself lounging on the couch in my yoga pants watching TV.

I had just finished a particular eloquent version of the line above when his phone cut off. I tried to call him back but it rolled straight to voicemail so I did my best to text vent to the girls and then I just went to bed. This morning he texted me that he was sorry but his battery died and that he wanted to continue our conversation. I told him that was fine but I wasn’t doing it over the phone.

I have yet to hear back from him. In other related news, I declared that I think all guys have a form of Asperger’s syndrome – NOTE to you sensitive nellies out there I’m not making fun of kids/people with this actual disorder or any form of autism or mental impairment so get off your high horse. If you’re that sensitive this is probably not the blog for you. Feel free to check out highlights.com or reader’s digest.com and don’t let the blog door hit you on the way out.

Seriously, look at the symptoms and tell me if you don’t see a correlation…
  • Lack or difficulty judging appropriate social conduct
  • Anger management problems
  • Lack of empathy
  • Inability to listen to others
  • Inflexible thinking
  • Repetitive routines provides feelings of security
  • Stress when their routine suddenly changes
  • Inability to think in abstract ways
  • Specialized fields of interest
  • Visual thinking
I’ll keep you in the loop.

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later