TMI Tuesday - Regrets

What was the last thing you regret buying?
My house. -Gwyn
I'm pondering this and I would have to say I've got nothing. I rarely have buyer's remorse b/c I think about things before I buy them now in a way I haven't before due to very limited space in my houses in HI. I used to impulse shop all the time, but now I only buy it if I love it. - Jules
Hmmm. Buying into the belief that I wanted to be a career woman? - Miranda

What was the last sex toy you regret buying?
I don't own any sex toys. -Gwyn
The Japanese nipple clamps...holy fuck they almost made me cry and not in a good way! - Jules
A vibrating cock ring. Way underwhelmed by it. But then again it was like $5 and I made Coach pay for it. - Miranda

Briefly describe a time when you had sex and you shouldn't have. Why did you do it?
I slept with a friend's boyfriend one time back in college (The Inmate). We all went out to a bar. She got shitfaced wasted and passed out on the bathroom floor and I remember her lying in a puddle of milk that some random had told her to drink to sober up and/or vomit. I left with her bf and a friend of his. I honestly don't remember how it happened but we ended up having sex (it was my first time to top it all off) in a motel room. Really regret that one - and for the record that's the one and ONLY time I've ever slept with a friend's boyfriend. -Gwyn
Clark...I should have never, ever let him back into my life last spring after getting rid of him the previous fall. You all warned me and you were right. I did it because I totally allowed him to mind fuck me and I thought he was in love with me (yes, feel free to laugh...I just did). - Jules
There have been lots of times that I've had sex that I shouldn't have. But I rarely regret my sexual escapades because I learn something from them. That being said, there are three from the last year that just weren't worth it. - SoCo's friend who told me I looked sexy in my glasses because he made things awkward with me and SoCo's crowd of friends plus now I worry about Coach finding out about that slutty behavior, Cabana Boy because he fucking gave me chlamydia and pestered me for months and months, and ultimately FJB because I think if I hadn't slept with him, it would have been a whole lot easier to get over him. - Miranda

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
Minus the boyfriend I had at the time, I liked 28. But since I'm turning 31 in Hawaii then maybe I should go with 31 for my final answer! -Gwyn
I'm currently loving 35, but who knows? As I've said, I'm very present focused without much thought toward my past. - Jules
I've enjoyed my 30s really.  It's just a different level of acceptance with yourself and kind of not giving a crap what everyone else thinks. If I had to choose I'd say 34 though. That was a good year despite the divorce drama. - Miranda

A good friend's significant other flirts with you, would you tell your good friend?
No. I learned a long time ago that your girlfriends don't want to know what their boyfriends/husbands/fwb are doing behind their back. They either already know and don't care (but are embarrassed to admit that) or they would rather live in denial. Telling them usually ends in them being mad at you for telling and rarely if ever do they even believe you. -Gwyn
What she said...you know if he's a douche or not without me telling you. - Jules
I wouldn't tell but if I felt the flirting was toeing the line of being totally sketchy and not just good natured, I might try to subconsciously plant a few hints about his level of douchery in her mind. - Miranda

What is your greatest professional regret (exs: promotions you did not accept, internship opportunities you did not pursue, inventions/ideas you did not share)?
I regret becoming a professional. -Gwyn
I regret that I dropped a kid off my caseload after he threatened me. I was still fairly new in the field and this inner city kid sitting in detention told me to watch myself when he got out and it freaked me out. I've never, ever quit a client before and at the time I was doing what I thought was best for my personal safety (which does need to come first), but in hindsight I ended up doing to that kid what everyone else had always done to him. I did hook him up with an amazing male worker though, so I guess it worked out well in the end. - Jules
Ditto to Gwyn. I would say I regret entering the world of the office professional.  If I had to do it all over and I couldn't choose to be a kept woman I'd be a labor and delivery nurse. I'd still be a "professional" but at least I wouldn't be trapped at a damn desk all day with a bunch of immature women who either bitch/moan/weep that you aren't their BFF or slack to the maximum. And yes, I know I'm more than a little disillusioned with the working world right now. - Miranda

BONUS: What is your biggest regret?
I don't have too many regrets so this is tough....sometimes I wish I would've accepted one of the scholarships I was offered to play soccer in college. Maybe now I'd be a soccer coach instead of a miserable office drone and I'd have stayed in shape and not had the hideous Freshman year where I looked like the marshmallow woman. -Gwyn 
I don't really have a lot to say on this because I think everything happens for a reason, so why regret it? I guess the story above is one of my biggest regrets. I regret some other things too I suppose like not being more vocal about my Dad's addictions or not spending enough time with Chloe or not getting a useful degree in college that could have actually provided me with a decent salary in life...lol. I've come to realize that I do not regret my marriage at all. I married my best friend and we had a few really great years together as a married couple where we traveled the world and produced a fabulous, amazing, and awesome little girl. - Jules
Like Jules I don't regret a lot ultimately because I think people and things happen in your life for a reason. You live and learn.  That being said, the only regret I know of for sure that I'd absolutely 100% change is (and my apologies for being a downer here) is not going to my Dad's house and taking his gun when he had his breakdown a few days before he killed himself. My sister and I talked about it and decided it was ok to leave it there.  I know it wouldn't have changed things in the end most likely but still...  - Miranda

Comments

  1. Miranda, sorry about your Dad.

    Jules I am sure getting off that case gave you peace of mind at the time, but ultimately you learned from it. Perhaps the memory of it has given you the ability to stick out other tough situations in life. And as you said, the kid's new case worker was a good male worker.

    Ugh! Gwyn don't even bring up the freshman 15. Thank gawd it melted away at the end of spring.

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts about you all! It was such an honest mix of funny, awkward, poignant and tragic moments.

    And BTW Miranda, thanks for your supportive comment today! I would love to hear more about how you worked through all the divorce issues.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later