Balancing Act

I find myself in a weird place as of late with posting. Things have been really good with Coach and I and I can’t help but think that reading about fun domestic weekends is only so entertaining for you guys.

I also find myself at an awkward crossroad about sharing sexual details. I mean when I’ve been casually dating, ok let’s be honest casually sleeping with guys in the past it’s no big deal to share all the dirty details. But I feel like I’m at that point in my relationship with Coach where maybe it’s time to tone it down a bit.

I’m sure you’ve noticed that in recent posts I’ve been more reserved. It’s an odd place to find myself - one I certainly never expected. I will also say part of my reserved-ness is from a protective standpoint. After everything that went down with our breakup I feel like I need to protect the relationship more. When I was with Duckie I was a closed book. No one knew anything about our relationship. Then over the last year I became wide open and everything was out there for everyone. I think that in the days after our breakup I figured out I need to find some balance between being closed and being wide open.

I actually talked to my counselor about that quite a bit the last time I saw her. She helped me realize that I tend to feel "guilty" for my right to make my own decisions and that I have a find a balance with my personal relationships (love/friends/family/work/etc) about how much to share and how much to withhold. She also said I need to work on defining all the relationships in my life and what I want/need/expect from them instead of always focusing on trying to be everything to everyone else.

The evolution of Miranda is far from over...

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later