A Moment of Clarity

I spent all day texting with Clark again today and in the end I realized several things. First of all, I have feelings for him, but I don't like him as a person. He lacks character. Second, he's an asshole. Third, he's a manipulator and a control freak. He's only into me when I'm telling him I don't want to see him because I believe he can't imagine me actually being the one to end things. (He may truly think he has feelings for me as well, but I suspect his interest is far more about control than caring about me.) Fourth, I would die if Chloe brought home someone like him. That was what did it for me. He spent another day telling me how much he wants me and cares about me, but telling me that this woman is coming in 2 weeks...wtf?

I like woke up from the Clark spell today and realized that I'm Chloe's role model. Do I really want to set this kind of example in life for her? What would I do if I knew she was dating some guy that wanted to "own" people and violate them in all sorts of freaky, sexual ways? I'd flip my fucking lid, that's what I would do. So I sent him (what I'm sure is not) the final text in life telling him that I stand by my original position of not wanting to see him anymore. Go Jules! ( I say it's not the final one because I know he'll resurface again soon enough,  but I'm going to keep saying the same thing.)

Gavin is currently on the way home and wants to hang out tomorrow night. As fucked up as things are with him too, I'd still rather spend time with Gavin over Clark pretty much any day of the week...that's very telling.
-Jules

Comments

  1. I love flipping it so you're thinking about how you'd want Chloe to act. I'm so going to remember that for myself!

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny, I don't know about you...but clearly I was a bad person in a former life and now I'm paying for it. ;) Thanks for feeling my pain though...it sucks!
    -Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

Five months later

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2