Perfect Example

My bff and I were browsing POF last night when she got a new incoming message from a very interesting fellow. His message said "I saw your profile and you seem interesting. I'd love to talk to you but if not good luck to you." Below is a word for word copy of his profile description.....now you see what us women are working with these days....

About Me:
I love hockey and football.

I love movies and oldies, but I will pretty much listen to anything.
To me success and happiness isn't about your financial status. It's about accomplishing goals you set for yourself.

YES, I know... this profile is 'not' original. If you want originality then contact me :)


I see many girls on here complain about males and what they dont like etc... However, I have something I want to get off my chest. Keep in mind this doesn't apply to ALL women just a good handful. (Probably most people in general.)


NOTE: If you plan on talking to me through IM or email then you'd best know how to keep a conversation going! I cant tell you how many women on here that iv'e talked to that 'DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CARRY ON A CONVERSATION'. I would tell them about myself, ask questions and TRY to get them to actually 'talk' or 'ask' questions, but the end result was like pulling teeth. If you struggle with any of this, then I suggest you take classes, something to help you learn how to fit into today's society. I am sure there are some free online tutorials that are quite benificial. This is the real world, a world that isn't an old black and white 'silent film' of the 20's. It's a society that you must grow in and learn from and the only way your are going to do that is by 'communicating' (i.e. explaining, asking questions etc.) No, texting doesn't count as a form of 'real' communication. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind texting, especially when it's more convenient at times. However, I REFUSE to get to know someone or have in-depth conversations through 'thumb chat'. 1) My thumbs get tired. 2) My thumbs don't have a brain, nor a voice 3) It's unpersonal. 4) So many things can be taken out of context. I don't play mind games. I don't play guessing games, so if you think by typing 'rofl' 'lol' 'lmao' 'hehe' 'haha' ':-), ;-), :-P is gonna help me better 'understand' you as a person then think again. What would take 45 min to text, can easily be said in 10 minutes on the phone. Do you think I know first hand about who you are, what your goals are, desires, passions, dreams, ambitions etc.. because I have texting conversations with you? What can I say? I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to certain forms of communication. That's the beauty of the old days. If you wanted to talk to someone you would either A) Have to call them or B) Talk in person (which is what I prefer) Nowadays, technology is so advanced, it makes people lazy. Shame, shame, shame. I can't tell you how aggravating it is to talk to someone through email or instant message and see them type 'wat R U doin', 'want 2 hang out' 'I'll b out w/ my friends 2nite'. If you are that lazy to type out the actual word YOU, then I am probably to lazy to respond. I don't mind that kind of lingo or abreviations through text, it's just email? Instant message? Really? I mean people are so used to talking like that through text that it transitions into emails and instant messaging. Alot of times it becomes a second language because they are so used to doing it through text. Anyways, I'm done with my rant and other than that I love to get to know people!


If you want to know anything else about me then don't hesitate to email me. I am not going to go into a lengthy biography about myself. This isnt wiklipedia. I mean hell, I already spent about 10 minutes going on a rant about 'communication'(which I feel is VERY important as you can tell) and now I am exhausted. LOL (yes I just laughed out loud. Actually, it was more of a 'chuckle' than anything else.) I think I am going to go watch some T.V. and rock out my He-Man boxers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle t-shirt.

I mean holy shit right? Bitter much? Our favorite part is the last sentence, "Anyways, I'm done with my rant and other than that I love to get to know people!" Sure, you love to get to know people after you finish telling them how stupid and immature they are. The craziness of people in this world never ceases to amaze me....

-Gwyn

Comments

  1. Bwahahaha - you know what would be a fun website? Something like Failblog, but with only the DUMBEST personal ads out there highlighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm... I think I just figured out where my next source of secondary income is going to come from...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan if you start this website I need at least an 'inspiration credit' or something! If you think that one is bad there are soooo many more I could share....for a price :)

    -Gwyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later