Busted!

Today was one of those days where Russell was agitated. Saturday he announced he's taking the week off from drinking. That always leads to some less than warm, fuzzy interactions because let's face it...we're alcoholics. Alcohol keeps the peace around here. It's also PMS week for me. Things could get dicey this week, so I think I'll stay in my room by myself and ride it out from here on out.

This thing today started with Russell texting me to tell me that Gavin was building a lemonade stand for Chloe and her friends. Chloe has wanted a lemonade stand for as long as she's known about them. Russell and I don't share her sense of entrepreneurship and we've always made up some excuse. Gavin does share it and apparently today when she asked him about building one for her, he got right on it. During the day (I was working and Russell was home with her), Russell texted me about how he feels badly that he doesn't want to do these kind of things with her. I think in a lot of ways Gavin threatens him with regards to her. Gavin is like a big kid and he's fun. He'll do things on the spur of the moment and she'll try things with him that she won't do for us. I attempted to put a positive spin on it, but he still seemed bothered. It's just yet another example...this has been building some with the jetski, eating different foods for him, the fishing pole, etc. On the other hand, I was delighted that he did this for her and her friends. I stopped by on the way home for a cup of this lemonade and when the kids came home with their earnings, I took them to 7-11 to spend it and I bought Gavin some beer to say thanks.

He came over later tonight wanting more appreciation, if you catch my drift. Russell was home, but he was in his room. We'd actually had a tiff over diner and I'd quit speaking to him since he was talking to me like a child (a carryover from his day, I'm sure). Gavin and I had intense,quiet sex but when I started blowing him for round 2 it seems he was rather into it and Russell heard him. We live in a single walled plantation house. The walls are paper thin and Russell was in the bathroom. A few minutes later, I heard him literally storm out. He's not overly dramatic, but this was a very dramatic exit. He sent me a text about 10 minutes later asking me to let him know when Gavin left. I sent Gavin on and apologized profusely to Russell. Now Russell's not really talking to me. We texted back and forth about it a little bit, but that was it. I offered to talk, he declined. He closes the next two nights and I'm sure it'll pass. I hate it though since things have been pleasant around here. I was just texting with Josie today about how nice it is that we've been getting along so well lately...guess I spoke too soon.
-Jules

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later