1. Finish this sentence: In the New Year _________ . I want to spend more time with Chloe. I want to continue working out and living a healthier life style. I want to make better choices and not repeat anything like the Gavin situation ever again. I want to graduate from school with my Masters and find a kick ass full time job that along with my child support from Russell will allow me to continue to live in HI and be able to afford it. - Jules I want to be happy. I want to find the right person for me on a personal level. I want to keep working towards paying off my debt! - Miranda
2. Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? If yes, what are they for 2012? No, not at all. I hate resolutions b/c 1. I think I'm pretty damn amazing am I am and 2. They are usually broken by today anyway. Why bother? If you want to make changes in your life, do it. Don't wait for some magical date and set expectations for yourself when you're not ready...just saying. - Jules I used to but I'm like Jules and figure you should make changes when the time is right, not just because it's a New Year. I didn't make any this year though I do think I need to work on spending more time with my mom. If I was going to make some they'd be to continue doing good with my no sex till monogamy pledge and with making better choices in men- Miranda
3. What New Year’s resolutions did you make last year? Not a one - see above answer. -Jules I don't remember making any last year outside of trying to get to the gym more which I've done very well with. - Miranda
4. Think of three of those resolutions, from last year. How did you do in keeping them? Again, nothing...but OMG 3 of them?? People make that many?? If you are making upwards of 3 resolutions, I would respectfully like to suggest you find a therapist or a life coach or someone to talk to about your life b/c something is wrong. - Jules Jules you are crazy! When I was married I used to always have "have more sex with Duckie" as a resolution. I failed that one every year. - Miranda
5. What was your most memorable sexual happening/experience in 2011? The swinger's parties, hands down! I went to several of those this year and it was one hell of an experience. I don't know that I would go back again for a variety of reasons, but it was fun and quite memorable! It took my girl virginity and lived out a variety of fantasies. - Jules Coach and I had a lot of good sex. Probably the two most memorable for very different reasons were the night I let him tie me up, spank me, and dp me or the time after we broke up and I had a drunken booty call where I refused to turn on the lights and made him do it in the pitch black. HA! OMG I just realized I only had sex with two people all of last year! Coach and the Giant Ginger. Whoa that's crazy. - Miranda
Bonus: What was your most memorable experience (activity, event, etc.) in 2011? I had quite a few of those! This year I became an aunt, learned how to use tough love (my Dad), went to Kauai for the first time, loved and lost some crazy ass men (Gavin and Clark), watched Chloe thrive in school, learned a ton in school working on my degree, and reconnected with Russell as friends again. It was a big year! - Jules Like Jules there was a lot! My break up with Coach that made me go crazy and track him down to do it at his ex-wife's house, so many fun crazy nights out, leaving Gwyn in Hawaii (boo hoo), feeling like I finally have this single mom thing down pat. There was a lot! - Miranda
Jules and Miranda met in middle school and stayed friends through high school. Early in 2010, they both realized that their decade long marriages were splitting up at the same time and they reconnected and started the blog. Gwyn and Miranda met through work and bonded over many personal crises and a shared sick sense of humor. After confessing about the blog, Gwyn was in for the ride to share her own special experiences with boys and she and Jules became friends. Josie has been friends with Jules and Miranda basically forever and is the newest member of our blog. We are all In different places, literally and figuratively, but we always seem to rise to the occasion. And so our story goes... Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.