Motorboating


Well nothing is resolved with my sister. I’m debating whether or not to even say anything.  I don’t know that it truly matters and really at some point we all have to accept that our family is the way it is and there’s nothing we can do about it. 

But that’s not the point of this post. This is a fun post! Peabody is just getting better and better.  He seems to have mastered the art of communication that is just enough without being over the top and we continue to have better and better conversations. Last night we talked for several hours and had yet another in-depth conversation that is really giving me a lot of insight in him.

Last night he also said he had all sorts of free miles from the airlines for all the traveling he does with work and that he’d love to take me somewhere in a couple weeks.  Peabody suggested Portland, Maine because he’s been there a couple times and has been wanting to go back. Between all his travel perks the trip would be essentially free except for food.  I told him I was game to go and I’ve got to check my schedule at work but I expect we’ll go in the next few weeks for a long weekend.

During that same conversation he was asking me all sorts of questions about Hawaii and he looked up airline tickets just “for future reference” hahaha.

Thursday afternoon about 2 pm he texted me at work and asked if there was any way I could slip out for the afternoon.  By a miracle of the scheduling gods Duckie was able to pick up the kids and I didn’t have anything that HAD to be done so I slipped out and Peabody took me for an impromptu afternoon on a nearby lake. 

It was awesome!  It was us and one of his friends and we just rode around and floated in the water (which was bathtub warm!) and drank and had a good time.  At one point we beached on an island and were all out swimming in the shallows when his friend went off exploring and we gave the fishes a little show.  Yep I was a dirty lake ho and I loved every minute of it.

He is just a really really great guy.  I’m really enjoying getting to know him better and honestly, the more I find out the more I like him. This one actually scares me a little bit.  He’s got such potential and I can feel myself on the verge of relaxing and actually really really liking him and that scares me big time. 

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later