This week’s TMI Tuesday is about sex and romance. Who doesn’t enjoy a little romance or the art of seduction before engaging in sex? Often times the prelude is better than the actual ‘event’. Gwyn is being a hostess/tour guide again this week, so she can post her answers in time.
1. You are sitting alone in a restaurant because your lunch date is late. Do you: a) Throw something and then make out with the waiter. b) Check to make sure he or she didn’t get into an accident, then wait patiently for two hours and use the time to compose a love song or poem. c) Send a nasty text followed up by a voice mail telling him/her that “romance is dead and so are you!” d) Wait for 20 minutes, and then text-message a pal to join you for lunch.
D - I live in HI and no one is ever on time here...ever. Until last week when it almost backfired on me, I've taken to telling Owen 30 minutes ahead of the time I really want to see him...not kidding. - Jules D - Then if they don't show up probably C. Thankfully never had that happen though. - Miranda
2. What’s more important, a romantic relationship or your career? Career - I am about to be a single mom with an 8 year old to feed, clothe, and shelter. (Russell deserves props for a nice child support payment, but still it will fall on me to provide for her beyond that.) I'd rather have my career and independence any day. If romance comes along in the mix, ok but it is not priority one around here. -Jules Romance - Miranda's a romantic. Yall know that! - Miranda
3. You love to role play in the bedroom, which one of these is more likely to be your kink? a. Doctor and the naughty nurse b. You’re the gardener, I’m the hoe c. Persnickety principal and the wayward pupil that needs a spanking d. Me Tarzan, you Jane e. Scattered-brain boss and the seductive secretary I'm actually not big on role play, but I would say A. - Jules Role play makes me laugh though if I had to pick one I'd probably say A or C. - Miranda
4. When you want sex, who tends to make the first move? a. Me! I like to go for what I want. b. It varies. Sometimes my partner/significant other/date or sometimes me. c. Oh definitely the other person. Even if I want it, I’m not about to admit such a thing. d. I drop subtle hints hoping he/she will pick up on it. B - It depends on the day, time, who, etc. -Jules I probably swing towards D though I'm not afraid to throw down some moves if things are going too slowly. - Miranda
5. When it comes to lovemaking, select the answer that best describes you/your attitudes a. vanilla – meets society’s middle of the road standards b. adventurous c. kinky d. trisexual – I will try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. –Mae West
B,C, and D - There is no vanillla here. - Jules B though with the right person being vanilla is enough and with the right person a little kink is fun to add into the mix. - Miranda
6. You want to seduce that sexy someone, what is the sweet-nothing that you’ll whisper in his/her ear? "I want you to take me right now, right here" - Jules Since I'm currently grounded I'm not allowed to seduce anyone right now lol. - Miranda
Bonus: What’s your idea of a romantic getaway? Ugg, I don't know...romantic isn't my deal. I went to Bora Bora on my honeymoon and that was pretty romantic. I think you can make anywhere romantic if you're with the right person, so I don't have an "ideal". - Jules Anywhere where it's just you and the other person. On the beach, in the mountains, hell in your own living room. Just somewhere where you can put away your phones and do nothing but focus on each other. - Miranda
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblogfrom your website!
Jules and Miranda met in middle school and stayed friends through high school. Early in 2010, they both realized that their decade long marriages were splitting up at the same time and they reconnected and started the blog. Gwyn and Miranda met through work and bonded over many personal crises and a shared sick sense of humor. After confessing about the blog, Gwyn was in for the ride to share her own special experiences with boys and she and Jules became friends. Josie has been friends with Jules and Miranda basically forever and is the newest member of our blog. We are all In different places, literally and figuratively, but we always seem to rise to the occasion. And so our story goes... Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.