>

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TMI Tuesday - Illicit Skills

Illicit Skills

Some of this TMI was virtually written for our very own Miranda, she's like MacGyver meets Nancy Drew. 
1. Do you know how to pick a lock? Have you ever used this skill to gain unauthorized access?
No, my parents never taught me this skill growing up nor have any of my bad boys - Jules
Depends on the lock. I've successfully picked a few in my day.  - Miranda
2. Do you know how to open a safe with a rotary combination lock? Have you ever used this skill to gain unauthorized access? What did you find?
I can open one yes, but I've never gained unauthorized access or stolen the combo. - Jules
I can open one yes but I haven't ever "cracked a safe" without having the combo - though I may have stolen a few in my day. - Miranda
3. Have you ever made a copy of a key you were not supposed to have? Did you use it to gain unauthorized access? What were you looking for? Did you find it?
This sounds like something I would have done, but no. I did go with my bff who did in fact do all of this to an ex-bf's house one time. As we were in the house, someone came in and we hid in the shower. I was DYING. I was sure we were going to be caught and sent to prison. - Jules
HA! This one is a no for me. Not that I haven't thought about it. Sheesh, I really sound like a criminal! - Miranda
4. Have you ever stolen or guessed a password? Did you use it to gain unauthorized access? What did you do?
I've guessed Russell's b/c I know all of his and I used Gavin's in November (though I knew it b/c I'd created it for him) to email his gf on FB. He says I hacked his acct...I say I was using info he'd willing given me...you say tomato. - Jules
Duh does Coach ring a bell? Though to be fair he gave me his password and then was so dumb that when he changed it he only changed one digit.  Stupid boys. At various times I had full acess to his phone, email, Facebook, and bank account. Though he didn't know I had access to email or his bank account.  This is why they say you're not supposed to use one password for everything! - Miranda
5. Do you know how to get data from a computer that requires a password you don’t know?
No, I'm a computer moron outside of the basics. - Jules
Alas I do not. But I bet I could figure it out.  I know a thing or two about computers. And if I couldn't figure it out, I bet I could call in a couple favors and get someone to do the dirty work for me. - Miranda
6. Do you know how to record a telephone call? Have you ever done so secretly? Did you hear anything interesting? What?
Haha, in like 7th grade we used to do that some but no not for real - Jules
I think I was on the receiving end of one of those phone calls Jules lol lol lol.  I know how to do it on my cell and my office phone but that's about it.  I've never done so secretly and it just seems silly. - Miranda
7. Have you ever used a webcam or nanny cam to photograph someone secretly?
Never, creepy! - Jules
No way! - Miranda
8. Have you ever used an infrared camera to photograph someone secretly in the dark?
Again, creepy...no. - Jules
No though my daddy was a private investigator after he retired and he had all this spy stuff. I should have kept it all after he passed away. What fun I'd be having! - Miranda
9. Have you ever learned anything important by deliberate eavesdropping?
Well of course I have...the most recent one was the whole Gavin and his gf thing at the hair salon incident. I'm definitely one to tune in, but I also know that there are many versions of a story and it is always best to get info first hand if you want accuracy. - Jules
Sure. If you keep quiet and keep your ears open you can learn all sorts of stuff. I don't know what my most recent gem would be though I'm really good at getting people talking about things they don't want to talk about. - Miranda
10. Do you know how to hot-wire a car?
LMAO, uh no I do not. - Jules
HA! No though it seems a useful skill to have in a pinch. - Minranda
Bonus: Have you ever been paid for your sexual skills? What skill(s) did you perform?
Yes, in college I slept with a customer (I was a bartender) after he paid my rent for the month. We just had regular sex, nothing fancy. As much as I love sex, I do not love selling it. It's not my thing and I felt pretty gross afterwards. He wasn't gross, but the act of getting paid for it was (in my very liberal opinion) not worth the money. - Jules
No I have not. Though I did make Coach pay for the paddle, wrist restraints, and two vibrators he wanted me to buy for us to play with. I guess that's sort of getting paid.  And a few months after the final time we broke up I told him I'd be his non-sexual girlfriend for $1500 a month and if he wanted to include sex it'd be $2500. He found that very offensive lol. - Miranda
————-
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblogfrom your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. The ability to pick a lock is a really good skill to have. I've used it many times but wouldn't do anything immoral with the skill. :) Enjoyed y'alls answers! Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not gotten into an ex's house, but a coworker once, unable to break into her boyfriend's house via a... normal-ish route decided to somehow climb onto the second story balcony.

    ReplyDelete