The Return of Sawyer

After I got over the “ick” of the ending with the Rock Star, I floundered for a few weeks.  I tried to not do the dating apps but of course I was swiping like it was an Olympic sport.  In the midst of all that I had a little too much to drink one night and ended up texting Sawyer….

Yes the SAWYER (read back on the blog to see the whole details of that relationship) – the cliff notes version is he’s someone I fell for at the end of my relationship with Duckie (the kids dad) and got caught in a toxic cycle of him wanting me to be his girlfriend while I was single and he was not.

After our powerful albeit brief and twisted relationship ended, we ran into each other over the years totally innocently.  I was with Peabody and I’d see him at the grocery store or for one fun basketball season Sawyer’s son played on a rival team of Peabody’s son and we had to sit across the gym from each other and not make eye contact.  Peabody knew about Sawyer and had a massive insecurity about him despite me actually being a good girl at that time. Some point shortly before Peabody and I got married I ran into Sawyer again at the grocery store and we actually stopped and talked for a few minutes.  He told me he had finally ended his marriage and I told him Peabody and I were talking about getting married.  It was all very wistful and “what could have been” but I was a good girl and said my goodbyes.

We always stayed connected via social media but never spoke again after that.  Cue the very last weeks of my marriage to Peabody when he was basically living with his girlfriend and I was moving out of our home together…. 

Somewhere around November Sawyer texted me to see if I was really getting divorced – I was in the throes of my angry vague posts on social media period.  I told him I was and he said low and behold he was near my office and wanted to stop in to say hello.  I was honestly so freaking sad and mad and miserable I was craving any little bit of a hit that would make me feel good so I said yes. 

He stopped in and we sat in my office and caught up for an hour or so.  He made it known he happened to be down for a little it and asked if I wanted to have a little “fun.” I did truly.  It was just the salve my broken heart was craving.  But, I was determined to be good and wait until I was officially out of my house with Peabody.  I said no thank you and he tried again but I declined.  Jules and Gwen aren’t you proud!!!

So almost a year after that encounter was when I sent that fateful drunk text.  Shocker – he was single and I was single.  And we made dated for almost two months after that lol.  But that’s for another post….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating Duds

The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same - sometimes - The Return of Sawyer Part 2

Five months later